Kawanishi E7K1 Typer 94 "Alf" 1:400 scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by airbob, Apr 23, 2007.

1. airbob

airbob Member

I am fancying building the IJN BB Kirishima from the old GPM kit...and am consideing building it at the 1:400 scale...but the floatplane that came with the kit is not colored and has a lot of problems....so I redid it with the liquid-cooled inline engine (not the radial version included in the kit)....this is my first attempt that my wife was holding in her hand (she says forgive her dried hand!) "Wood", I am not trying to outdo you in smallness...I'ts just the 1:400 that I need for the kit!:oops:
  2. airbob

airbob Member

I am fancying building the IJN BB Kirishima from the old GPM kit...and am consideing building it at the 1:400 scale...but the floatplane that came with the kit is not colored and has a lot of problems....so I redid it with the liquid-cooled inline engine (not the radial version included in the kit)....this is my first attempt that my wife was holding in her hand (she says forgive her dried hand!) "Wood", I am not trying to outdo you in smallness...I'ts just the 1:400 that I need for the kit!:oops:
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Pretty cool looking 1st attempt! Please post a thread about shrinking the Kirishima. I started out ships in 1/400 scale ala' JSC and found later they didn't have enough detail for me. But shrinking 1/200 should be interesting.
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Pretty cool looking 1st attempt! Please post a thread about shrinking the Kirishima. I started out ships in 1/400 scale ala' JSC and found later they didn't have enough detail for me. But shrinking 1/200 should be interesting.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Holy Moly, I didn't know you had married a giant, Bob!
    You better stay in good graces with her, eh?

Beautiful plane! Thats some very nice work!
    Just the 1/400! Indeed!
    You deserve an award for this one!
    It's hard to believe you achieved such detail in a small build!

And I was just kidding about the missus, her hands are fine! No worries!

Russell...out.
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Holy Moly, I didn't know you had married a giant, Bob!
    You better stay in good graces with her, eh?

Beautiful plane! Thats some very nice work!
    Just the 1/400! Indeed!
    You deserve an award for this one!
    It's hard to believe you achieved such detail in a small build!

And I was just kidding about the missus, her hands are fine! No worries!

Russell...out.
  7. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Love it! Great stuff!
    Chris
  8. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Love it! Great stuff!
    Chris
  9. airbob

airbob Member

Help!

Thanks for the encouragement!....Actually I have redone the float pattern...should be flat at the front and top is more rounded....and I am working on a redo of the catapult, since the original is pretty bad....actually if I had a good 3 vue drawing of the "Alf", I would have redesigned the fuselage from scratch using the classic cone(s) technique.....(hint).....I am currently working on the 1/200 (ahem...large) version of this plane....the 1:400 pattern is "nuts" to work with....and forget the 1:600 version....the whole assembly plate is about 1 1/2 inches square.....too much for these old shaky hands...:cry: ....Bob out:razz:
  10. airbob

airbob Member

Help!

Thanks for the encouragement!....Actually I have redone the float pattern...should be flat at the front and top is more rounded....and I am working on a redo of the catapult, since the original is pretty bad....actually if I had a good 3 vue drawing of the "Alf", I would have redesigned the fuselage from scratch using the classic cone(s) technique.....(hint).....I am currently working on the 1/200 (ahem...large) version of this plane....the 1:400 pattern is "nuts" to work with....and forget the 1:600 version....the whole assembly plate is about 1 1/2 inches square.....too much for these old shaky hands...:cry: ....Bob out:razz: