kato unitrack question

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by csxengineer, Feb 8, 2007.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

I saw Kato's deck plate girder bridge, but it looks like you'd have to buy 2 for double track. Do they make a double track deck plate girder bridge? Have you placed two of these side by side? would they be spaced the same as their double track truss bridge?
  2. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I don't think they make a double track deck plate girder bridge. However, the deck bridge is narrower than the regular plate girder bridge so you should be able to put two of them side by side to match the spacing of the double track truss bridge. I'd put them with the walkways on the outside. You'll have a small gap between the deck girder bridges which should look okay.

Kato does make a double track plate girder bridge (with the girders above the bridge deck). It is 7 5/16" long and matches the double track truss bridge.

Hope that helps.
  3. retroguy1953

retroguy1953 New Member

Good news - Kato has introduced some double track bridges.

from the Katousa.com website -

[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-1]Stock #[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-1]Double-Track Plate Girder Bridge[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-1]MSRP[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]20-455
    New in 2005!
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]186mm (7 5/16") Double Track Plate Girder Bridge, Lt Blue[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]$21.00[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]20-456
    New in 2005!
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]186mm (7 5/16") Double Track Plate Girder Bridge, Lt Green[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]$21.00[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]20-457
    New in 2005!
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]186mm (7 5/16") Double Track Plate Girder Bridge, Gray[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]$21.00[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]20-458
    New in 2005!
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]186mm (7 5/16") Double Track Plate Girder Bridge, Black[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,DEFAULT][SIZE=-2]$21.00[/SIZE][/FONT]

Cheers

Doug
  4. retroguy1953

retroguy1953 New Member

Papa Bear - I think you are right. The Katousa website only lists a single track deck plate girder bridge...

Cheers

Doug