Kato P42 production pics

Kato has posted a undecorated photo of their upcoming P42 on their website. I wasn't planning to model Amtrak, but I may end up changing my mind. Especially with the new Superliners that Kato is producing. Those, plus a MHC from Con-cor and a couple of Road-railers from Deluxe, and I've got a high speed passenger train all set to have a derailment.:p Maybe I can have a minature CNN crew there to broadcast the news to the entire country.:rolleyes: Or maybe not.

http://www.katousa.com/n-scale/P42.html

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Better get some bad track too, then.

That was the only reason the Zephyr derailed here in Iowa!

Wish Kato would make HO scale P42s !
Or HO scale ANYTHING, lately !!!

uacturbo

Aug 21, 2001
Toronto
Visit site
Hopefully they'll do the P42 in the new VIA Rail colours for those of us who model the Canadian corridor. Although, I don't find VIA's new colour scheme on the Genesis units that attractive. They basically did it to match the Nightstar coaches they scooped from Britain (pale green/dark green/teal/yellow). I've never looked into it, but is there a model version of Nightstar or something similar that I'd be able to modify for my VIA runs?:)

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Trains.com announced that AMTRAK has signed an "exclusive" agreement with Walthers for the use of the Phase VI paint scheme. The announcement is also on the Walthers site.

Looks to me like if ATLAS or KATO want to model this scheme, they have to go via Walthers (as Athearn is doing) !