Kadee Couplers

Edavillenut

if i was to cut off the uncoupling pin off to make it look better will the still work the same. i do all my uncoupling with a tool that i bought from micro-mark

billk

Is the tool mechanical (like a glorified bamboo skewer) or is it magnetic? If it is mechanical you should be OK, if magnetic maybe not.

C

Catt

Your couplers will work just fine,but no longer function over a magnet.

Edavillenut

i just want them to look more real. i model mostly winter so i have to bend the pins up more because if no the drag in the "snow"

jon-monon

I always thot they looked kinda funny too. I guess when they are coupled it's supposed to look like a hose. When they're uncoupled, they sure don't look like a hose, unless it's frozen by all that snow :)

One thot: you might want to go to magnetic uncoupling later and if you have a lot of cars it will be a lot of effort/$ to replace them all...

jon

Edavillenut

i am still thinking about it
right now i only have a 4x16 ft layout and ten cars and 7 locos. 6 steam 1 diesel. but the steam are all junk the are all tycos 0-8-0 and 2-8-0. the diesel is a atlas fp9 or something

C

Catt

Shawn,if you would like to retain the pins for future magnetic uncoupling you could cut them shorter then paint them a brown or black colour then paint the very tip (about a 16th of an inch) with silver paint to represent the airline coupling,