Ka-50. Halinsky+scratch build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by mmshotin, Oct 19, 2006.

1. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Wonderful, wonderful, fantastic.
  2. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Wonderful, wonderful, fantastic.
  3. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

If you look at the smaller sized pics you may think it´s a plastic model. Only when you turn into the supersized images you can figure that it is made of card paper. Great job, very well-finished, painted, superb details, specially for the landing gear and underwings-weaponry.
    Again, congrats.
  4. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

If you look at the smaller sized pics you may think it´s a plastic model. Only when you turn into the supersized images you can figure that it is made of card paper. Great job, very well-finished, painted, superb details, specially for the landing gear and underwings-weaponry.
    Again, congrats.
  5. mmshotin

mmshotin Member

Thanks for good words
    Some comments:
    1. I'm using acrylyc paint (purchased in artist shop). It give a good thin coating and matt skin. "Metal" parts painted by office silver soft-tip pencil. Rocket container made of silver craftpaper with glue film.
    2. Some decals was pre-made as well as pilot seat. But main problem with decals that its scale was 1:72 and large parts (like rear triangle, numbers, etc.) was rescaled using photoshop and printed on jet-printer.
    3. Rivets made using special sewing accessory - small rotor with tooth. For some parts I used awl. All press operations was made before gluing on back side of parts.
  6. mmshotin

mmshotin Member

Thanks for good words
    Some comments:
    1. I'm using acrylyc paint (purchased in artist shop). It give a good thin coating and matt skin. "Metal" parts painted by office silver soft-tip pencil. Rocket container made of silver craftpaper with glue film.
    2. Some decals was pre-made as well as pilot seat. But main problem with decals that its scale was 1:72 and large parts (like rear triangle, numbers, etc.) was rescaled using photoshop and printed on jet-printer.
    3. Rivets made using special sewing accessory - small rotor with tooth. For some parts I used awl. All press operations was made before gluing on back side of parts.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks for the answers! This shows what resourceful people can do!

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

john
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks for the answers! This shows what resourceful people can do!

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

john
  9. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

its a brilliant piece of work i have seen so far.... i have a q's... i have seen the ultra close ups and i have found dat the joins are not visible.. is dat painted? and what card paper do u use? u have made it look so very real dat no bdy can find out dat its made of card if one is not told.... the yellow light just behind the propellors, its shining, whats the reason? i cant pe card or paper... i am now to cardmodels so i have one q's. is it fair to use plasitc materials for some special effects in the card model and call it a card model?
  10. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

its a brilliant piece of work i have seen so far.... i have a q's... i have seen the ultra close ups and i have found dat the joins are not visible.. is dat painted? and what card paper do u use? u have made it look so very real dat no bdy can find out dat its made of card if one is not told.... the yellow light just behind the propellors, its shining, whats the reason? i cant pe card or paper... i am now to cardmodels so i have one q's. is it fair to use plasitc materials for some special effects in the card model and call it a card model?
  11. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

You asked "is it fair to use plasitc materials for some special effects in the card model and call it a card model?"

You are the only one who can answer that. It's nice to get the approval and praise of the group, but it's your model and YOU are the only one who has to be happy with the end result, or the way you got there, for that matter.

If you want to use plastic, wood, metal or whatever, do it. If you want to be a purist, use paper.
  12. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

You asked "is it fair to use plasitc materials for some special effects in the card model and call it a card model?"

You are the only one who can answer that. It's nice to get the approval and praise of the group, but it's your model and YOU are the only one who has to be happy with the end result, or the way you got there, for that matter.

If you want to use plastic, wood, metal or whatever, do it. If you want to be a purist, use paper.
  13. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

So real !!! Congratulations!!
  14. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

So real !!! Congratulations!!
  15. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Model - What Model?

For a scratchbuild this is an absolute masterpiece!:twisted:

View attachment 10410

Little revision for ya! :yep: ​

Well, okay the rotors aren't spinning and there doesn't appear to be a pilot so it's going to go splat in the next second but...what do you think?:grin:

Terry
  16. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Model - What Model?

For a scratchbuild this is an absolute masterpiece!:twisted:

View attachment 10410

Little revision for ya! :yep: ​

Well, okay the rotors aren't spinning and there doesn't appear to be a pilot so it's going to go splat in the next second but...what do you think?:grin:

Terry
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very realistic! (other than the missing pilot)
    The still rotors can be explained by high speed film.

Still a striking shot, very cool pic!

Russell
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very realistic! (other than the missing pilot)
    The still rotors can be explained by high speed film.

Still a striking shot, very cool pic!

Russell
  19. mmshotin

mmshotin Member

Model was fully painted by acrylic paint.
    130 gramm/cm2 paper for parts and 1 and 2 mm thick card paper for formers
    [​IMG]
    Light was made of drug blister (painted inside) and I'm noty very satisfied with the result. Too big, wrong shape and color.
  20. mmshotin

mmshotin Member

Model was fully painted by acrylic paint.
    130 gramm/cm2 paper for parts and 1 and 2 mm thick card paper for formers
    [​IMG]
    Light was made of drug blister (painted inside) and I'm noty very satisfied with the result. Too big, wrong shape and color.