Jxx build since it was snowing here in seattle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by seth crofton, Dec 22, 2008.

1. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

Okay so i was going through my library of images for something to build and came across this guy and said why not. And deciced to do the wyvern from ace combat as well but i will post that later. Anyway i use normal paper and tabs but if you want to build it feel free to use your own method. Of course it wasnt till afterwords ( build took 2 days) that I saw paragon had made one so I would love a critique. and i did get it to fly after cutting out the black engine area with a couple of paperclips.

Attached Files:

2. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

prototype build and pics

And here are the images of the build. I started with the wings and various canards and tail feathers first. Then I did the cockpit,then went to the body with the top engine pods, fuselage, engine intake and underbody(one part) and topbody.blended fuselage. I then attached the various pieces together and made changes to the plans to change the fits of some parts. Again I decided to cut the line on part H where the wing would be inside top part h and bottom part h( no tabs in that area) to get a better fit. And when i build part H i glue all the tabs on the right side then the end side(engine exhaust) and then the left side. I leave the front (air intake) unglued to insert a pencil or pen to make sure that shape stays. Anyway have fun with it.

Attached Files:

3. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

some more pics

build pics

Attached Files:

4. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

additional build pics

sorry guys just realized i forgot to format for web viewing on th epics will do that on my next post.

Attached Files:

5. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

okay final build pics and as you can see there are some bends and dent from flight testing. also the fuselage pics dont match the final parts page as my prototype fuselage was a bit to small and the parts page has that fixed.

Attached Files: