Just wanted to drop-in...

Cod

May 21, 2004
Washington D.C.
Hey everyone, I just found these forums this afternoon and registered the minute I found them. Looks like a wonderful place to learn about model railroading. I just recently got interested in the hobby and figured I could learn some things by reading these forums.

So I just wanted to say "Hello" to all the modelers out there.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
You chose well

Welcome to The Gauge family Cod.
We all learn from each other in here. The range of experience within the minds of our members is quite staggering. It matters not to us if you think the subject of your questions are elementary, they warrant an answer and you will get it (usually more than one :) ) and the chances are you will be asking what some are shy asking.
A good starting point in this hobby is one or two booklets on "Getting Started", your local hobby shop should have several such books which contain explanations of scale (differences in gauges), base construction, wiring, scenery and just about everything else.
Soon you will have all the information to enable you to get stuck into building your very own empire.

PS, you will also notice reading some of the posts that we enjoy good humour too :) :thumb: .

Hope your membership leads you into a happy, long lived RR'ing hobby.

Errol

F

Fred_M

Welcome to The-Gauge. The best place on the internet. :thumb: FRED I love that picture shay, we should make that the unofficial gauge welcome. But we might scare off the women and children LOL

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
A DERN Fine Forum-Type Place!

A hearty welcome to you, Cod! This a wonderful forum, filled with friendly, helpful folks. As Errol mentioned, an informative, fun-loving bunch.

Here at The Gauge, you don't have to slog through :curse: flame wars :curse: to find the useful stuff.

Here at The Gauge, no question is stupid, trivial, or has been asked too many times.

Here at The Gauge, the work of others is lauded and appreciated, rather than rivet-counted or nit-picked.

Here at The Gauge, you're NOT an idiot if you don't choose to run (insert scale and/or gauge here).

Now, you wonder, just how do I know this for sure?? (Heh, heh.) ;)

The more you visit, the better this forum gets... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: so, welcome HOME!! :wave:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
dash10 said:
I love that picture shay, we should make that the unofficial gauge welcome. But we might scare off the women and children LOL

I did try to best represent the rather surly lookin' bunch I've come to know and respect...maybe shoulda had the LPBs wear their Sunday best. :rolleyes:

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Cod,
Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn and from the best model railroaders in the world. No I'm not one of them but they do there best to help me anyway they can. Enjoy Ron ;thumb;

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Cod,

Please let me add my welcome to the "greatest model RR forum on the internet"!

The knowledge, and talent present on the GAUGE is awesome, but the friendliness and helpfulness found here is the real treasure. Thanks for joining in.....

Iron Goat

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Cod, welcome aboard at the Gauge! :wave:

As you surely have remarked, here are model railroaders from all over the world which are glad to have a place to ask questions - and who are happy to give answers to all those who have questions. (Wow - what a sentence!!! :rolleyes: :D)

Join the fun! And keep in mind: There is no such thing like a silly question! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ron

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Cod .......Glad you found us... boy are you in for a great train ride.
A nicer ,helpful bunch of guys and gals you wont find anywhere,I am isolated at the tip of African and can call on a world wide Boiler full of know how....Enjoy :thumb: :thumb: :) :) :)