Just popping in to say hey!

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
:wave: I am sooooo busy. Who knew a 4 year old boy could keep me so busy??? :)

Anyway, we're still out here, but plans have changed with the railroading thing. I have to clean out the garage (did you catch that I have to clean out the garage to put the layout there. We are turining the basement into a functional room. So we are on a break for a couple of months while we do other things like regrade our front yard, finish (hopefully) the basement, lay some more hardwood, etc.

I will try to pop in and say hey more often - BAD HISCOPILOT!

So anyway, :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hope everyone is doing well!

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
hiscopilot said:
:wave: I am sooooo busy. Who knew a 4 year old boy could keep me so busy??? :)

Anyway, we're still out here, but plans have changed with the railroading thing. I have to clean out the garage (did you catch that I have to clean out the garage to put the layout there. We are turining the basement into a functional room. So we are on a break for a couple of months while we do other things like regrade our front yard, finish (hopefully) the basement, lay some more hardwood, etc.

I will try to pop in and say hey more often - BAD HISCOPILOT!

So anyway, :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Bad husband!Making you clean out the garage like that.

Nice to see you haven't dropped off the face of the Earth and are still planning the layout.Glad to see your boy won the photo contest,that's way cool:thumb:.Does the Walmart there have model RR'ing stuff?

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
kidssign1 Don't you just love how much trouble they can cause? :D

I myself was one of those that raised hell when I was little, always getting into things and running around.

Glad to hear from you again and cya around the forums :thumb:

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
I am a bum! I am so sorry... Edward sits in a bag in my garage where I put him when I cleaned out the car after we got the new tranny. ok, some part of me will have to be a responsible person and send it! You have every right to harass me until you receive (and even a short time after! ;) )

Mathy isnt really into stuff and causing problems as much as he has just become a real honest to gosh person... not really a kid until he gets tired. He wants to learn absolutely everything and doesnt let me rest for a second when he is awake. Then I am exhausted when hes sleeping. its good, its very good... just super engrossing.

We are still very excited about building our isle of sodor and have somewhat modified our plans. this will make for w onderful rainy day activities- as if the weather is even partially tolerable, he darts out the door the first instance he gets.

I hope I can find time to read and catch up on stuff around here. Its such a great place to "hang out". :)

Thanks

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
oh, and NO mrr stuff at walmart, but he likes to know he can buy something if he wants. Last time he saw a kid at the mall about his size wearing rollerblades, so he dragged me back to sun and ski, and now he has a pair as well... even is trying to learn to use them! :)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
hiscopilot said:
I am a bum! I am so sorry... Edward sits in a bag in my garage where I put him when I cleaned out the car after we got the new tranny. ok, some part of me will have to be a responsible person and send it! You have every right to harass me until you receive (and even a short time after! ;) )
No worries.
He's free so I'm not going to complain about the slow shipping. ;)

We have 5 engines here now

Thomas
Mavis
James
Lady
Bill (of course we had to get Bill, that's Daddy's name! :D )

We'll have to get Bill's twin brother, Ben, sometime soon.

N

nachoman

When I was a kid, my favorite toys were: A pile of dirt, a pile of scrap wood and nails, cardboard boxes, and the trains. despite temperatures of 110 degrees F, I was outside most of the time. From what I can gather about kids around here these days, it is pretty much the same. Most kids would rather be outside, but the *parents* would rather them be inside out of the sun.

kevin

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
hiscopilot said:
Thank you so much to those who voted for my son! He won and is so happy to have a little Walmart gift card in his wallet!
Hey, great news. Congrats to both of you. :thumb:

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
I think its pretty rare to see kids outside a lot also. There's so many fears on the parents- sun, injury, abduction. Then there's the parents who have their own agenda and the kid is lucky to get any of their own time in. Then there's the kids who sit in front of a box and play video games all day. And of course there's the whole gamut inbetween. Sometimes Mathy gets "ugly" "sassy" etc like all kids and I havea zero tolerance for it. So that means we come inside. Which means not only does he not get his exercise, but I dont get mine either. Usually I am rollerblading around when I am out with him- so he can ride his bike up the street and I can go with him. The 10 year old next door told me last week "You're the most active mom I've ever met" and to me that was a compliment. But it made me feel sad for him and all his other friends whos moms and dads dont get out and play with them for whatever reason.

**********stepping off of soapbox- dont anyone trip over it*********

Mathys favorite toys are his golf clubs (NOT TOYS) his bike, rollerblades, trains, planes, and cars. He definitely plays with others, but I think if I had to get rid of all but 1 closet full, that would fill it. We love to play and thats why we don't have much time here. :)

Right now I am about to fall over tired and I need to take advantage of my lapse of insomnia, so I wll chat with you folks later.

Thanks for stopping in and saying hey!

oh, here:
mathy-golf-gif.gif

and also:

These are several months old, but give you an idea of what life is like for us! :)

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
oh, and my husband said something about cleaning the garage out tuesday! If thats the case, then we're on target to actually start the layout when we get our tax return! YIPPEE

HOWEVER, he's not usually inclined to work on his days off which is why I spread a truckload of topsoil with a rake and seeded, fertilized, and spread the straw! LOL SO we'll see if it actually happens!