Just made the leap to DCC and love it

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
WooHoo!!!

That's how I feel about my new Digitrax (well actually it was the one my LHS was using on thier layout)

I got it and an MRC Sound decoder and I love it.

Still tinkering with the speed settings and such as I would like to set it for slower accelleration and deceleration but I lve this setup.

My CSX SD-35 has nnever run so smoothly before.

And the best thing is I got sound in it for only approximately $60 USD. instead of 130 or so for the soundtrax decider I was looking at.

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Ooooo! Envy!

Good for you! I hope someday to do the same. In the meantime, enjoy your new DCC system a bit for me too, would you?

Also - I have at least the benefit of a sound-equipped locomotive, and Boy!! What a difference THAT makes, eh? :thumb: Never again will I be without sound. I suspect DCC will be the same thing. Once you're there, you never go back.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
You will never look back now Chessie, It sure makes wiring simpler and operating multiple locos on the same track is a blast. One feature that I really like about Digitrax is that you can run locos without detectors by using address 00

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
The MRC AD370 Decoder I got is pretty cool. My only complaint is that it is extremely loud. I really need to wire in a resistor in line with the speaker to lower the volume a tad. According to Tony's Train Exchange this also makes the sound amp run much cooler.

The Diesel rumble sounds more like a distorted wine than a rumble but the horns and bell sounds are great. I am still tinkering with the setting for the CV's and such. I am looking for a nice smooth takeoff and stop and right now it is a bit jerky.

My Mother and I share the hobby. I am 30 and she is in her 50's and she loves the sounds. We spent quite a few hours yesterday just playing around and running the trains. All the analog locos run great and even run smoother on the DCC system than they did on my Athearn DC power Pack.

She now wants to add sound to at least one of her locos. I plan to probaly try out a couple different decoders in my setup like the Athearn one with the clips on my Athearn Chessie GP 38. She has almost entirely Athearn Locos so it may be a bit of work to convert her locos to DCC with the MRC decoder.