Just joined the NMRA!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yep! After thinking about it for some time, and despite a lot of recent negative comments on the Atlas forum about the NMRA, I finally joined up!

My main reason is to be able to attend the big convention that takes place here in Toronto in July. There are going to be some awesome clinics and I'm really looking forward to attending as many as I possibly can, since I need to learn how to do everything:D :D :D

Now all I need to do is get my t-shirt printed up. What t-shirt is that you ask? The one that says in huge bold letters "Women run trains too!" It's either that or slap on an engineer's cap and a big ol' handlebar moustache... personally, I'm leaning towards the t-shirt!

cheers
:D Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Val,
Save some time to see the displays, I went with the modular group to the show in St. Louis (2001), and we set up a 40' X 44' HO modular layout. We were one of many, and there were ideas to be had at every one. Enjoy,
Pete

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Welcome to NMRA, Val.
The convention is a wonderful week. (I've only been to one -- back in the 70's). Next thing you know, a guy named Clark will be asking you to help out.
I'm on one of the layout tours; I guess they want to show how not to do it.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Great disguise Val! I swear I've seen that guy at model railroad flee markets around here! :) Hmmmmm, makes me wonder...how many out there have received a train engineer's cap as a gift? I've been given four so far!
Ralph

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Welcome to the NMRA! I'm a life member since 1977, and I really appreciate all that NMRA has done for our Hobby. Think of the NMRA Standards - where would our hobby be today, when every manufacturer had its own standards?
About your outfit: GREAT! Just take care that they don't promote you to honorary president or something like that!
Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I say old chap, the moustache is wicked:D:D
Shamus
wink.gif

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Originally posted by shamus
I say old chap, the moustache is wicked

Why thanks old chap - glad you like it. It's a little ticklish but I'm sure I'll get used to it! :D :D :D :D

Bill - yes, it's all your fault!!!! Isn't Photoshop fun?!!

And to everyone who extended a welcome to the NMRA, thank-you. I am thrilled to be a member, and I think the convention in July is going to be a totally awesome experience. Can you believe that Dave Frary is going to be there giving a demo? Wow!

cheers
:D Val