Just introducing myself

MartinC

Nov 29, 2012
Hi
MartinC here.

I love looking at models and am blown away by the work that some of you are putting into your masterpieces. I have more ideas than I have time for and find that I flit from idea to idea. Kudos to all who are taking the time to realize your ideas ... for me to drool over. I teach and I use plastic and card models to inspire students. More recently I have built a couple of automata, a few cardmodels and, when I was younger, countless kit and scratch built plastic models. I have designed a handful of paper geometric models as part of my teaching practice. Over the last 20 years my greatest passion has been for sculpting bronze sculptures with a sprinkling of scratch built models, large scale 3D props, computer graphics and finally 3D computer modelling ... oh yeah ... and restoring and maintaining carousel horses with my wife and son and restoring an antique Klepper kayak with my son (1:1 scale "models").

I'm thinking that should give you all a fairly good cross-section idea of who I am.

Thanks for maintaining a great place to come for inspiration.

MartinC

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Welcome to the forum Martin.
As you have seen, we do have quite a variety of card models to fit virtually every taste. So I hope that you fine something that you like and inspires you to try your hand at. If not, please post an inquiry as to what it is that you are looking for and we will attempt to help you find it, or at least point you in the right direction.

If you have any photos of some of the projects that you have already made (even if it was for your class) please post them (in a separate thread of course). Everyone here loves photos (the more the better).

Once again welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing your work.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum! I for one, would like to see pictures of everything you mentioned! It sounds fantastic, please, post lots of pics!! :)