Just in case anyone noticed....

msh

I've been gone a while, but have happily stuck my nose back in once more. A lot has happened over the last two weeks. Not the least of which is I lost my job, spent a week in the looney bin, and have spent the last week trying to find work.

I've also begun to rebuild the BRL layout #2. I bought the track before I got the axe, but I'm still kicking myself a little bit since I am hurting for cash now. We decided to keep it and do the best we can.

Anyway - lot's to read and catch up on. Cheers!

Tyson Rayles

Glad to hear you are back :) , sorry to hear about all the other :( . It's times like these that you really need a hobby and all your friends here at the Gauge ;) . I know because for health reasons I can't work, am fighting with the government on getting my disability and medicaid and if it wasn't for my hobby and the good people here (as well as my friends & relatives here at home) I would go nuts :eek: . Good friends, faith and a good hobby can do wonders! ;)

Welcome back MSH, sorry to hear of the down turn of things in your live, do hope the reverse themselfs quickly and things get better. Hang in there, we all have gone through tough times in our lives so you are not alone, we all share your pain and flustration. Wish you all the best Ron..

Good to see you back MSH.
It's hellish how life can change so much in so short a time, but hey, it's temporary so keep you head high and keep smiling. Don't let it beat you good buddy.
We're pulling for you.

When day is done, relax in the train room and let the world go by till the next day. You'll soon be on top form again.

Errol

spitfire

Welcome back msh. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad that you have your hobby, your lovely family and your friends here at the Gauge to get you through the rough spots. We're all here for you.

cheers friend!
:D Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Msh,
Hope you have far better luck getting re employed, I'm getting real close to accepting the fate of, greeter at walmart.
Pete

marty w.

MSH
Sorry to hear about that. Hope things will work out for you real soon.
Marty

BTW - You too Tyson and Pete. This *#@*-%# economy and NAFTA .... I'll shut-up before I get out of hand.

Gary Pfeil

Good luck with the job search! I, probably like many others, have been wondering when my job will disappear too. So far so good. What is the reference to the looney bin? Is that differant than the bonky room?

Gary

Drew1125

Sorry to hear about your troubles, msh...
Good luck with the job hunting!
I've had some troubles in my life, too, & have always found this hobby to be a a great solace, & an escape (even if it's only a couple of hours a week) from all the %$#@ the 1:1 world can dish out.

interurban

Cheer up mate

As the old song goes "what a difference a day makes".
Belive me last year 2002 from Jan to May was very difficult watching my Son almost go round the twist. I must have lost 15lb in wight with worry.
But we all pulled together and got him sorted (No details.)
It was work related.
So Hope all turnes out O K for you friend we are pulling for ya;)

jwmurrayjr

Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles at Bonkyrail.:(

I've been through the job thing a couple of times and I know it's very stressful when you have a family to support.

My family will be praying for the best for you and your family.

And to top is all off you've got that swell Walthers TT to contend with.

Rom. 8:28

Best regards,

cidchase

Hey Bonky,
Been there myself, it's what they call a real "opportunity". :rolleyes:

We are all pulling for you and wish you and the family the best!
Good luck with the search!!

aartwmich

Yup I noticed, been wondering where you were at since you got your trackplan down.

Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations, hope you get it all smoothed out soon, you'll be smarter and stronger in the end. Hang in there.

Sir_Prize

MAJOR BUMMER DUDE!!
Well...
In the past the prayers and well wishes of
good health have helped the sick here.
SOOOOO... I'm sure the same can be done
for finding work.

Wonder if the Lord has a layout, or is it
what we call the Real Thing. Hmmm...;)

Last time I was looking for a job, I had good success with "America's Job Bank," an online nation-wide agency. Just remember,
showing-up puts you ahead of 80% of the population.
Showing-up on time puts you ahead of 90%.

Good luck to you.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
I feel the pain for your difficulties. :( It amazes me how this hobby can help get you through tough times. I lost my leg and over the last two years plus have been in and out of hospitals. I don't know if I would have made it if it hadn't been for the task of designing my new layout. I hope that things turn around for you soon. In the mean time, hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hey, MSH, hope things turn around real quick for you and that the downtime is of a short duration. As they say, "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Hang in there, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train!