Just got back from vacation

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
We got back from vacation a couple of weeks ago, but I've been working so many hours since getting back that I haven't had time to post. I would love to post pics, but my Kodack Easy Share digital does monster pics when ever I try to post them to any other site. I can reduce the pics for printing, but I haven't figured out how to reduce them electronically. The Kodack program seems to be entirely biased toward printing out pics. The Red Rock country of Northern Arizona is awe inspiring! We took the Verde Canyon Railroad ride, and the canyon is gorgeous. The train is really nicely set up for the canyon as well. You buy a seat in a passenger car, and in between each two passenger cars they have what they call a gondola. You can stay in your passenger car or go outside in the gondola. In the gon, you're out in the open like riding through the canyon in a convertible! After we finished our week in the timeshare in Sedona, we went to Williams for the last weekend of the trip and rode the Grand Canyon Railroad train to the South rim of the Grand Canyon. Another awesome site. You just cannot imagine how big the Grand Canyon is until you see it. We stood on the rim and looked down on what looked like some decent sized hills, only to find out that these hills stood 3,000 feet above the Colorado River on the canyon floor and we were looking down on them! If I remember correctly, the South rim is about 7500 feet above sea level. The North rim is 1000-1500 feet higher. The North rim is closed by snow in the early fall, and doesn't reopen until late spring. I only had two regrets. I didn't know that if I had paid $20.00 more each for my wife and I when we made our reservation on the Grand Canyon Railroad, we could have ridden in the dome. Next time I will reserve a dome seat. The other thing I didn't know was that we were about 3-4 weeks too early to catch the eagles in the Verde Canyon. There are two pairs of eagles that live in the canyon year round, and we saw one pair, but hundreds of bald and golden eagles migrate to the canyon at the end of November and stay until April. If anyone travels to Arizona, don't miss the Grand Canyon or the Verde Canyon.