just found this lovley space 1999 eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulhbell

This is what got me into card modeling. I was looking for plastic or metal eagles about 6 months ago. When I googled for 'space 1999 eagle' I found this site www.eagletransporter.com/alleagles.asp
It has the card model link on the eagle models and replicas section, as I was just starting card/paper modeling it was a bit to hard for me. But now I have built 25/26 card/paper models I think I will have a go at it soon. Just got a couple of other models to finish first.
This web site lists all eagles that are genuine, if it's not on the list, it's a fake. It is a really well 'put together' site.

S

sdk2knbk

FWIW, I have a "simplified" Eagle model of my own, shown below (sorry for the poor pic.) I was never satisfied with the "beak" of my own design, so I reduced the one from Marc and Keith's version to 60%, removed my original, and installed theirs. Mine has no real texturing (yet), as I'm still learning to do that properly, so it's all white. The frames are merely folded boxes, but my intention was to make a model that didn't take forever to build (but they can be cut out, if you have the patience.)

Scott K.

S03AI001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sdk2knbk

Here's a shot of what another builder was able to do with my Eagle. The model has my original beak on it. This version was created by "Danoman", but I have not heard from him in some time. I need to review my old correspondence with him, but believe I have the right to release this one if anyone's interested.

Scott K.

D Eagle 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Al hazlet

Beautiful!

I had had the same idea but lacked follow-through... might I get a copy of your simplified Eagle? I want to make one for 1/48-ish scale wargaming use, so I want the simpler style rather than a superdetailed version.

Al hazlet, contemplating cardmodeling in sunny Honolulu

S

sdk2knbk

The white version

Here's the original white one. Page 10 has the (as yet undetailed) corridors for use if the frames are cut out. I'll need to reduce the image size and produce a pdf before I can post the Danoman version, though.

Scott K.

1-21-07: Added Danoman version.

Attachments

• White Eagle 2.pdf
    325.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Danoman Eagle.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 173

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

These MUST go into the Resources if they have been missed.

Revell-Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.