Just found out

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Paul,
Looks to me like, to the newer folk in this hobby, you're filling the niche once occupied by John Allen............and you're doing one sweet dag nabbitted job of it. It may not be the Gore & Daphetid, but your work has the same innovation, and character.
The things that inspired me then, are in your work now, so, the more published you are, the better it will be for the next generation of model railroaders. Congratulations, and I'm looking forward to the future articles you mentioned.
Pete

CN1

Congratulation:thumb: :thumb:

Well deserved for your fabulous work:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by sumpter250
Paul,
Looks to me like, to the newer folk in this hobby, you're filling the niche once occupied by John Allen............and you're doing one sweet dag nabbitted job of it. It may not be the Gore & Daphetid, but your work has the same innovation, and character.
The things that inspired me then, are in your work now, so, the more published you are, the better it will be for the next generation of model railroaders. Congratulations, and I'm looking forward to the future articles you mentioned.
Pete

Hi Pete, that’s one hell of an accolade my friend because John Allen was the one person who inspired me to make possible a model railroad that was believable. Also I was inspired by his photography techniques as well as his modelling craftsmanship. Yep, as they used to say in show business, that’s one act to follow for sure.
Shamus

Will_annand

Don't be modest Shamus.

You ARE in the same class as the best.:thumb:

Comparing your C&TS to Allen McClelland's (one of MR's favorites) V&O or anything I have seen from the likes of John Allen or Linn Wescott.

You are a peer of theirs OOHH Great (but shy) Shamus :thumb:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Welll Welllllllll :) :) I just got my issue!!!!!! Paul, It's fantastic!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Even if you hadn't posted the "notice" here - all I had to do is see the cover pic & I woulda known it was the C&TS :) :) The trees alone give it away LOL

I see in it - all the things you've commented on, here in the forums..... And even mentioning "one of your Friends" from The States. :cool: I'm trying to absorb all the information, while weeding out the new things.

Great Job!!!!!!! Both the Railroad and the article!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Congradulations Shamus, that is awesome.:thumb: You didn't by chance hide any more hidden mistakes on that cover image did you? I think that I have found all 10! :)

Good job
Freelancer

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks a lot my good friends.

Mikey, didn't know it was on sale yet so I expect I shall receive a couple soon.
Cheers all
Shamus

DanishKnight

When I was too young to really appreciate what I was looking at, my older brother showed me some of his magazines featuring articles of John Allen's layouts. Now I get to really appreciate it all over again in Shamus's magazine articles and examples of his work here. Second time around is just as inspiring as the first time. Thanks for all the sharing of your hard work and gifts, Shamus.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by shamus
Thanks a lot my good friends.

Mikey, didn't know it was on sale yet so I expect I shall receive a couple soon.
Cheers all
Shamus
I subscribe to it :) So I guess you're right :) :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
The cover shot is beautiful............but the photos inside are even better!!!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

My first reaction was wow! the March issue is actually out in March!...........then I found out there was no Jan., and Feb. issues.
It would have been worth the wait...but I didn't have to wait:thumb:
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Pete,
Thanks mate, I haven't got the magazine as yet, (In the post) so I don't know what photos were in fact used inside.
Cheerio
Shamus

jon-monon

Originally posted by sumpter250
My first reaction was wow! the March issue is actually out in March!...........then I found out there was no Jan., and Feb. issues.

Thanks to your heads up shipmate, I was going to wait for the usuall MRRing schedule :D :D :D

Paul .... every time I am off the net for a while you get something published....WOW.......Best of luck and
'" Keep em coming ":thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Woodie

I assume by the webpage, that it is the US Model Railroader Magazine?

Well done, lad. :thumb: :thumb:

I'll look for it in the local newsagent when it arrives here. :) :cool: :cool: