Just for laughs

Highlander1

Mar 19, 2007
www.brydens-craiglea.co.uk
I thought this would keep everyone thinking.

I wonder how many will be able to think of a song to do with trains, locomotives and,or railways. I wonder who will be last one to think of one, come on let's see how long we can keep this thread running.

First one group Monkees/song title, Last Train To Clarksville.

J&Dannounce1

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
"King of the Road" by Roger Miller. A classic.

"City Of New Orleans" by Arlo Guthrie

"The Man Who Never Returned" also know as "Charlie and the MTA" by the Kingston Trio.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Orange Blossom Special

"ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL" WAS THE FIRST STREAMLINE TRAIN TO BE SEEN IN FLORIDA. IN 1939, WHILE THE AWESOME MARVEL WAS PARKED AT UNION STATION, TWO YOUNG MEN IN THEIR 20s TOOK THE PROMOTION TOUR THROUGH THE ENTIRE TRAIN. BOTH OF THE GENTS WERE WELL-POLISHED FIDDLERS.
THEY WENT STRAIGHT HOME, AND WITHIN ABOUT 30 TO 40 MINUTES, THEY WROTE A NEW SONG THAT INCLUDED MUSIC AND LYRICS. THEY CALLED IT "ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL. "
THEIR FIDDLE MUSIC WAS GEARED TO THE SOUNDS AND RYTHEM OF THE TRAIN. THEIR NAMES WERE ERVIN ROUSE AND CHUBBY WISE. THE ROUSE BROTHERS PUBLISHED THE SONG THAT SAME YEAR.
IT WAS RECORDED ON RCA RECORDS.
IN 1941, BILL MONROE INTERTWINED THE BLUEGRASS SOUND INTO "ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL." HE HAD A MAJOR HIT!
IN 1965, THE MAN IN BLACK STEPPED UP TO THE MIC AND ADDED HIS "CHICK-A-BOOM, CHICK-A-BOOM" SOUND. JOHNNY CASH ALSO EARNED A #1 HIT FROM "ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL."
Courtesy of this site...

http://www.homestead.com/deenotes/johncash.html

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
"3:10 To Yuma" -- Frankie Lane

"This Train" -- Joni Mitchell. Kansas City Railroad Blues, and other artists

"Homeward Bound" (Sitting in a Railway Station) -- Paul Simon

"To Morrow" -- Kingston Trio and other artists

"Rock Island Line" -- Traditional

OK, somebody else's turn. :D :) :D

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
"Train Kept A Rollin" -- Aerosmith

"Southbound Train" -- Nanci Griffith

"Opening Farewell" (theres a train everyday, leaving either way) -- Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown

"Freight Train Blues" -- Bob Dylan