Just dug my small pond

Biased turkey

This week I was busy gluing the extuded styrofoam on my small 25" X 36 " layout, but I still managed to find a place for a small pond.
My brewery required fresh pure water from the mountains.
Here it is.
pond2.jpg

The malt will be supplied by Canada Malt ( owned by Molson ) in some TH&B boxcar. The hop will be imported from the US ( Yakima Valley ), Could someone suggest an US railroads company from the Washington State ?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Somebody better tell those moutains to get busy. Your pond is looking a little dry. :D
Love the brewery! :thumb:

Delamaize

Biased turkey said:
......Could someone suggest an US railroads company from the Washington State ?

NORTHERN PACIFIC!!!!!!
(that is if you are doing a mid-70's and later layout :) )

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biased turkey

Originally posted by Delamaize
NORTHERN PACIFIC!!!!!!
(that is if you are doing a mid-70's and later layout
smile.gif
)
I couldn't agree more!:D But it is mid 70's or EARLIER:)

Delamaize

Nazgul said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biased turkey

I couldn't agree more!:D But it is mid 70's or EARLIER:)

Oops, your right, typo on my part. :thumb:

shaygetz

Nice start, what kinda bulkhead you planning for around the brewery base there by the pond?

As for a Washington railroad, how 'bout the Spokane International RR profiled in the Jan. '91 MR? Swallowed up by the UP in the mid 60s, by the 70s it would have run every light UP loco including F7s. You could run it as a stand alone using the last diesels it ever owned, Alco RS-1s.

Biased turkey

First, thanks to all the nice people who took some of their time to reply and to give some suggestions and ecouragement for my project.

I have a Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo GP7. I think it operated between 1950 and 1973 ( or even later, but was renumpered as a CP ),
So I won't be too much off if I get a NP boxcar on my layout, because the way I understand it NP merged and became the BN in 1970 right ?

To shaygetz:
I've seen that the Fine N Scale company makes a retaining wall, that's the one Marty McGuick used when he built the now famous Carolina central on a hollow core door.

And guess what people: my boss announced today that my official retirement date will be on june the 15th this year. Can you imagine, homebrewing and railroad modeling full time :)

jesso

Wow, I'm green with envy. I don't have 30 years in until 2024 and by then I'm sure that they will have messed up my retirement so that I can't. Railroading is a part time hobby for the next few years for me. :-(

Also, did you make your culvert or buy it from somewhere?

Biased turkey

jesso said:
Also, did you make your culvert or buy it from somewhere?

The culvert is from Woodland Scenics, it is an N scale "random stone culvert" part # C1164
I tried to paint it , but it's a littlle too dark.

Attachments

• scaledculvert.jpg
    scaledculvert.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 85