Just curious, what camera are you using

shamus

Registered Member
Thought it might be a nice idea to find out just what camera we all use. I myself use the Olympus C700UZ although it has only 2.1 megapixels with a 10X optical zoom, the lens is Superb and that to me is what a camera is all about.
I did use for many years a a Roliflex 3.5f which was a 2-1/4" square when I was at it professionally. Also a Minolta X300s 35mm. Now, all I have is my Olympus digital.
What do you use?
Shamus

Woodie

Mine? A Fuji Finepix S304 3.2 megapixels 6X optical zoom & macro function. (closeup function).

A sample pic... my IHC Mogul, with light weathering I've just done.

Attachments

• ihccut.jpg
    ihccut.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 410

Jim T

I use a Fugi FinePix 2650. It's basicaly a 2 megapixel point and shoot with a few extra features and a pretty good macro for this class of camera.

Jim

For many, many years, I used Canons. I still have my FT-QL (fully manual and stopped-down metering, with f.1.2 lens), my FTb (open aperture "match needle" metering, with f.1.4 lens), and my A1 (both fully auto or manual modes, with f.1.4 lens).

Two years ago, however, I bought a Minolta Dimage 7 (5.24 megapixel "zoom SLR"). I haven't shot a roll of film since.

Most of my photographic efforts these days are model photos that I post here at the Gauge or at RR-L, so making the switch to digital has worked well for me.

If I were in the market for another digital, I'd buy Canon's new digital Rebel. That's a killer camera with 6.3 mp and the ability to use the entire line of EOS lenses. :thumb: It's gotten very good reviews from the photographic press, and I believe its "street price" is now around $700.

jkristia

I have the Digital Rebel and love it. It's my first SLR camera, before that I used Canons s30. I still only have the stock lens (18-55mm) but are thinking about investing in a 28-200mm lens for when rail fanning.

trainworm

I have the Kodak EasyShare DX4900 4mp digital. it is an excellent all around camera and it isnt too expensive. plus, with the camera dock, all you do is set your camera on it, press one button, and all your pictures are downloaded to your computer.

but i am definately moving up to a SLR soon. i need at least 7mp but i need to stop buying trains for a while so i can afford one :):D

Arlaghan

Right now I am using a Panasonic PV-DV73. It's actually a 1.3 megapixel digital camcorder which also takes digital pictures. (1.3 is GREAT for a video - so so for pictures. The good thing about it is it has 10x optical zoom and 70x digital zoom (To me, thats ridiculous anything beyond 10x opt. and 4x digital looks like... you know - besides, in digital camera mode, you can only use the optical zoom.)

However, a Sony DSC-V1 5.0 megapixel is somewhere on a UPS truck as I type this... :D

Attachments

• pv-dv73[1].jpg
    pv-dv73[1].jpg
    28 KB · Views: 364

jon-monon

I have your old Minolta's big brother, an X-700, with all the gadgets and lenses of all sorts. I also have a handfull of Argus manual 35's, a medium format Argus, and a Nikon P&S, which does well 90% of the time. I even have a supply of flash bulbs for the Arguses, remember those? hehehe I also have my grandfathers Kodak large format, but never took a picture with it. Don't know what I would/could do with a negative as big as a print, except maybe make prints without an enlarger :) hohoho

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Like you Jon, I still have and use a Minolta X-700 but more recently got a Fuji 3800 3.2 megapixels and a 6x optical zoom which I now use to take photos to post here and to send via e-mail.

rksstl

I use a Kodak Easyshare DX6340 3.1m. Real easy to use and the docking port is great for prints. BTW it was a gift from santa:wave:

CSX6638

At present I have an Olympus D-550, 3.0 megapixel which I now use the most, I also have a Polaroid PDC640 Plus digital which was my first digital camera that I now keep in the car along with a Kodak 35 MM film camera. I also have 2 Nikon 35 MM film cameras and a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Rolleicord camera which don't see much use since I started with digital. But if I really want a great print the Rollie is the one I use.

nalmeida

Go Digital!!

Well I also own a Digital Camera, a FUJI S602 Zoom, besides the normal macro function it has also a super-macro function that can focus as close as 1 cm, it's an amazing piece of technology. I just regret the fact that I don't have the time to explore it's full potential since it has so many options :( At the moment I'm fiddling with the depth of field options since they can afect so much the quality of a picture. Here it is an example of the Super-macro (picture quality has been reduced to conform with The Gauge limitations):

Attachments

• dscf0006.jpg
    dscf0006.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 306
I'm using a Kodak DX4900 digital, 4.0 megapixels. I have a Pentax K1000 35mm setup, but haven't used it in years now. The DX4900 is a great camera IMO. All of the pics on my website were taken with it.

shamus

Registered Member
Well my friends, there are a number of you who use both 35mm and digital. Also I note a variety of digitals being used. I like the idea of a camera dock, so all you do is set your camera on it, press one button, and all your pictures are downloaded to your computer. Now mine hasn't got that feature, I use a USB lead straight into Paintshop pro7. Takes around 1 minute to put in 50 large jpg's.
shamus

I use an HP digital camera for most of my shooting. My secondary camera is a Nikormat FT2 35mm, which is 25 yrs old. I like the digital for the porpuse of sharing on the web. For reference shots, it can't be beat for shear numbers of pictures taken and cost. For permanent prints, I still like my 35mm camera and or slide film.

I would have liked an additional choice in the poll, for those of us who shoot digital and 35mm. I haven't shot my large format in so long that I didn't think it should be included in my voting.

Greg

CSX6638

As a follow up to my first post I use a USB card reader, what I like about it is that I can view all the photos on a card and transfer only the ones that I like to my hard drive, this way my drive is not loaded up with photos that I will never use. I have 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 MB cards and I find the reader to be easy as it's connected to my computer all the time. I also like the fact that I don't have to connect my camera to the computer, I can leave it on the tripod, remove the card view it and retake if I don't like the results without moving the camera. Inside I also use an Olympus battery eliminator, don't have to worry about changing batts. in the middle of taking photos.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I have two digi-cams.
A HP Photosmart 215 1.2 mp. And a Kodak LS443 4.0 mp with the dock. I like the HP for close ups, but its not real good at distance, where as the Kodak takes excellent distant, but not to good(or maybe I need practice) at close-ups. But I do like the dock.
Question: Is there a way I can delete the pics from the Kodak camera, using the computer? I can do it with the HP.