Just bought P2K FA/FB set

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I'm impressed with the detail. Most of the P2k's I own keep running flawlessly day after day...and their performance improves with a decoder! :thumb: I was looking into those, because I've also wanted a pair...perhaps I shpuld get a couple.

What road name is yours? Do you have pics?

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
I'm impressed with the detail. Most of the P2k's I own keep running flawlessly day after day...and their performance improves with a decoder! :thumb:
i AGREE with Miles!:thumb: ALL my P2K's are GREAT engines:thumb:. :D -Deano

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I have two sets of FA1 and FB1 locos. I have a Lehigh & New England limited run, and a Reading set. I would like to get the other L&NE set.

I really like them. They run and look great. The details are nicely done. Also the lettering is crisp and clear.

LNE_Hillside_005a.jpg

athearncoaldrag_002a.jpg

Chris Beard

Oct 1, 2004
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Wildcatfootball said:
Was wondering whats peoples opinion on this? Its P2K so I am praying it's up to par with there other stuff. Thanks for anything and everything you guys say!:wave:

Ted
I too, have purchased this P-2 set. my main compaint is how fragile they are. They also have a very dim headlight!

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
P2k has some of the fanciest little engines I have ever seen. They are highly detailed and last for a long time. I say go for it, if your going to get one.:thumb:

May 12, 2006
Pacific Northwest
I'm still waiting for it to get here, but once it's here, I'll get pics up ASAP. Its the newer set, and its a FA2/FB2. Great Northern Empire Builder scheme, #279A/279B. Thanks for all the responses guys! Its all VERY much apreciated!!! Now I REALLY can't wait till they get here!!!:wave:

May 12, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Well a large package just arrived at my door, and low and behold, its the FA1/FA2!!! And WOW, they are BEAUTY'S!!!! I think my favorite part on them are the diaphrams. It was my first set of P2K's and I must say, it's a little strange putting the shells on. I put the shells on and decided I wasn't happy with the couplers, then slapped on some Kadee's and was extremelly happy with the product! I didn't want to say it at first, but I bought these on EBay at $35 each, $80 total with shipping. I'm diffently going to be getting more P2K's now after these!

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I had a chance to bid on a C&NW SD-60 Proto2000 and hesitated,I ended up not bidding and the darn thing went for $49.I could just kick myself for not bidding on it,I've never had one so i wanted to see what they were like.From what I've read,they're first rate engines.

Chris

Southern4449

Aug 3, 2006
I just won a P2K SOUTHERN PACIFIC E8 DAYLIGHT for $37.00 off of Ebay..
When it arrives i will slap on a decoder and a way we go....

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Glad you like them.I ended up changing the couplers as well. I added a different set of horns and Candian style bell to mine. I also painted the crew inside the cab and that makes a good improvement.