Just another day in...

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
...Allentown(?).

Geez, BNSF, Conrail, Norfolk Southern? Canadian Pacific, Soo Line? Yeah there's a Soo Line SD40-2 at the end of that string of CP units.

AllemtownCollage.jpg

I was supposed to be doing some real work around the house- but hey, my darling wife was with me and I felt an obligation to expose her to new things:eek:.

Hows 'bout that 7 loco light movement- If I had a movement like that every morning- uh boy.

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Okay, a little more.

BNSF.jpg

CP.jpg

Hump.jpg

All for you guys. I busted my hump getting these picssign1!!!!

I appreciate your stopping by to weep with me as I think of all the many moments I needed to do this. I am humbled and if you send cash, well, then that wouldn't be too bad either.

Mark:mrgreen:

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Ralph-

This was all in a matter of five minutes. The BNSF unit was headed into the hump holding tracks. The CP/SOO units were parked in Bethlehem at the old CNJ, now a restaurant, station (opposite Bethlehem Steel/Lehigh River). You can see the light enigine movement was passing as the BNSF was making its crossing thru the yard tracks. And, the Hump units were just doing their usual.

All I did was pop out of the car, snapped a few pics and kept moving. My wife is an artist and has painted several oils of RR related items. She doesn't mind and in fact would have liked to have stayed longer excepting the chores we were already neglecting.

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
That woulda...

...been my choice too TL. The "Hump pumP". I understand from a friend we all know and love that that hump slug is a LV RS12 cut down and poured with concrete for weight on the traction motors.

Allentown Yard is a modelers dream- steep hills, a valley- much like what you'd see if you built scenery up to your neck and a yard below.

Mark

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RSD-12, not RS-12. It's a 6-axle Alco, not a 4-axle Baldwin. Also, they were ex-PC, not ex-LV. Can't remember if they were originally PRR or NYC. N&W also made slugs from RSD-12s, but I believe this is one of the ex-Conrail MT-6s. The hump in the walkway gives it away, though I don't think all MT-6s had that.