Just a quick hello

Thortrains

Jul 2, 2002
Freehold, NJ
www.thortrains.net
Hi all!

I'd been feeling a bit down the past couple months, hence my scarce appearance. Then came the heart attack. I've been out of the hospital about a week now. Anyway, all kinds of projects for my website have been delayed.

Hopefully I'll get some new stuff posted by the end of May

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Thor,
Didn't know about the heart attack, and that you were in hospital , hope you are feeling better now. Glad to see you back again
Shamus

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Welcome back Thortrains, I know what it is like, spent a short visit in the hospital a few weeks ago myself but slowly recovering from my visit. We look forward to your new postings. If you get to felling down again do not hesitate in contacting us, your big family here are all here to help you get back on track. Take care of yourself and keep intouch. Ron..

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Welcome back, Thor!

Glad to hear that you are on the way to complete reconvalescence. Hope that the renewed contact with all of us at the Gauge will give you some additional boost to overcome your medical problems. :)

Ron

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Welcome back Thor, sorry to hear of your heart attack, hope you are getting better, I know where you'r at, I had open heart surgery 5 months ago and I am just starting to feel better now, programed excercise has really helped me recover, and don't overdue anything.
Best Regards,
Good Luck,
Andrew

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I'm...

...so happy to see you here Thor.

Though I don't know ya, on account of ya taking a vacation and all:eek:...!

Welcome back~~~~~~~~~

The heart of a man is not a muscle beating in his chest- it's what his soul drives him to be!

Mark

Thortrains

Jul 2, 2002
Freehold, NJ
www.thortrains.net
Many thanks, folks. I'm slowly recuperating, and hopefully can climb back into my attic train room soon. And maybe even take that trip to Allaire for a few more critter photos. Time will tell. For now I just sit tight and make the best of it. :)

DeaconF

May 2, 2003
Owen Sound Ontario Canada
Visit site
scratching

I knew this was a great forum. I have had your web site bookmarked for years now. I only recently found this site through a new aquaintence in Meaford Ontario Canada. I have sent a couple of Emails to you about having a little trouble with a couple of your downloads, however with everything else going on with you, please ignor my requests.
Just so you know I have built 2 of your plans and you are the reason I even tried scratch building. YOu have done great stuff for the hobbie and I hope you stick in there. thanks again
Frank

Thortrains

Jul 2, 2002
Freehold, NJ
www.thortrains.net
Frank,

We had a lot of trouble with the old Windows ME, and I had to upgrade to XP. In the interim, we lost a LOT of email and for a while, folks weren't getting through to us. I can get email now without problems.

I'm glad you enjoyed the paper kits. I have a lot of fun designing them.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thor,

I joined this forum during your absence so we haven't met, but I do wish you the best for a speedy recovery.

I was surfing around yesterday and found a site with some pictures of the Lackawanna RR that started off "hello, my name is Thor". Can I assume that this is one of your sites? I remember the Lackawanna from my boyhood days in NJ which was, well, a while back anyway.:rolleyes:

Don