Just a Newby saying Hi

camp6boy

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say "Hey There" everyone. I recently rediscovered the joys of paper modeling. I used to build some paper and plastic models many, many years ago when I was a child. I started a paper model and was "googling" for some research/tips/reference when I came across this forum and saw the amazing talent!

Camp6boy

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum. I have found that most people (including myself) have had the same experience.
Before I discovered this site, I had thought that I was the only one that did paper modeling. My interest and skills have jumped GREATLY ever since I joined.

If you have not done so already, please make yourself familiar with the rules and policies here: http://www.zealot.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=623
(If you have any questions about the rules or policies, you can either P.M. me or Zathros (our head moderator), and we will explain them more thoroughly.)

If I may ask, what sort of things do you like to model and what are you interested in building in the future? We can (if nothing else) point you in the right direction.

If you have some models that are built already, by all means, post photos of them.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

I look forward to seeing your work.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: aboard! It is quite comforting to see so many people into the hobby and the state it has evolved into. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. If you are looking for anything particular, good models sites, now would be a good time to ask. We focus of free models mostly, so we know where some really good free ones can be had. :)

camp6boy

If I may ask, what sort of things do you like to model and what are you interested in building in the future? We can (if nothing else) point you in the right direction.

If you have some models that are built already, by all means, post photos of them.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

I look forward to seeing your work.

My interests range from Sci-Fi, ships, or aircrafts. But recently, I've been focusing on aircraft models, specifically airliners. In fact I'm currently working on a re-paint of a Boeing 737 card model.

I've also been watching a lot of episodes of Ice Pilots NWT, and I found some free DC-3 card models, so that's probably my next project. However, those Lockheed L-188 Electras on the show look awesome to me and I might attempt a "scratch build" because I can't seem to find the card model online.

Thanks for the support & I'll post some of my work as soon as I can! :thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
My interests range from Sci-Fi, ships, or aircrafts. But recently, I've been focusing on aircraft models, specifically airliners. In fact I'm currently working on a re-paint of a Boeing 737 card model.

I've also been watching a lot of episodes of Ice Pilots NWT, and I found some free DC-3 card models, so that's probably my next project. However, those Lockheed L-188 Electras on the show look awesome to me and I might attempt a "scratch build" because I can't seem to find the card model online.

Thanks for the support & I'll post some of my work as soon as I can! :thumb:

Well, you have come to the right place for both SCI-FI and modern aircraft. We have a large number of members here that are interested in both and are willing to help or advise you in what ever you need.

Good luck with your projects. I look forward to seeing how they turn out.