Just a few more pic's

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Tyson, I'll be hot diggety doo'd, The more I see of your layout the more I admire it. (And all my N stuff still packed away!) You keep doing this to me! :( .

I really must get down to studying track plans for 30" x 76" accessible from only one 76" side. :cool:

Errol

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Wow!

Hey, Tyson! I have seen the other photos. You have done a real work here -no kidding. The L&N ALCos look superbe too :cool: If you finish the other layout parts with the same results that in the tobacco farm, it will be a very nice layout to operate.
There is an spanish proverb: "lento, pero seguro". I'm not very sure how translate it: "slow, but reliable"? (Oh, my! Wasn't this one of L&N mottoes? :D :D Or it was "old reliable"?)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great work, as usual, my friend!
And yes, the L&N held to both those mottos! :D

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
Hey Tyson, that is awesome work.
You say there is "more work to do" but blowed if I can see where it's needed...
If I can acheive one tenth of your standard of work on my layout, I'll be doing well.

I have a couple of pig ignorant questions for you tho -

1. what size is your layout in actual size (I'm not sure if your measurements quoted are imperial or metric)

2. can you tell me how you laid that crossing and what material is that (looks just like bitumen)

3. I think the stained glass window is such a perfectionist's touch - but was it made? did you buy it? or what..

Finally, congrats on the choice of brewery. Coors ranks real high with me as a great beer.:D
cheers
Bruce

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Bruce thanks, I'll do my best to answer your questions.
1- If you are looking into the corner of the L the leg on the left is 8 ft by 2 ft, the leg on your right is 10 ft by 32 inches.
2-Lightweight spackling compound
3-The guy that owns the local stained glass shop has wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much free time!:D
The "brewery" will be a pallett company when I'm done, it was a Heljan recyling center. Things still to be done: stripe road, ground covers, signs on buildings, etc.

Cactus

Aug 27, 2001
Maryland
Visit site
Tyson,

Could you post a sketch of your track plan? Your layout size is close to mine, and I'm looking for some creative ideas to modify my track plan.

Cactus

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Cactus go to the N/Z Forum. On page 1 the thread "the NM merges with the Great Stuff, Stryo and Spackling Midland" has a photo overview of the layout. On page 5 under the thread "billk-NM trackplan" is a drawing of the track plan (not to scale). I settled on this plan cause I can leave a train running when the grandkids are over but it operates as a true point to point with live interchange from hidden staging with 3 other railroads. It is based loosely on the Murphy Branch of the Southern R.R. Hope this helps :D .