Just a blink of an eye and ,,,,,gone

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Happend to be fanning for an hour on Sunday, and was shooting a crane at Pickering Go Station,, when I heard the hornes, all I could shoot was the tail end of the Windsor to Montreal ex:thumb:

Attachments

• windsor montreal ex.jpg
    windsor montreal ex.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 180

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
I don't know what the makeup of the Toronto - Windsor train is. The Ottawa - Toronto trains consist of 3, 5, or 7 cars and can be pulled by F40PHs or the newer Genesis units.

It would be interesting to know the routing of each trainset. For example, one set could start in Quebec in the morning and end up in Toronto (via Ottawa) in the evening. I know that some of the Montreal - Ottawa trains carry on as Ottawa - Toronto trains but I don't know that they go on to Windsor.

On the other hand, some of the Montreal - Ottawa and Toronto - Ottawa trains get wyed in Ottawa on the remains of the old CPR M&O junction which goes under Hwy 417 between the Innis Road and Walkey Road exits.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
You could have some fun for a day by taking the VIA timetable and trying to match up train sets from end to end. I think there was a time when one set made it in three jumps from Quebec to Windsor.
Your free square: The Chicago-Toronto train returns as the Toronto-Chicago train. :D