jupiter 2 recolors

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
hi, I posted some Jupiter 2 recolors and just got in contact with the author, his name is vinicio, it will take me some time to post the corrected sheets but I will post them. thank you.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
I've corresponded with Vinicio in the past; really nice guy! He even sent me his AutoCAD files he was working with as I was concurrently working on a Jupiter 2 (still in work). I had build his early release of the Jupiter 2 so I could have something to use to see how things went together.

Best Regards,
Ron

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
its a great model, but I found the outer hull roof to be out of scale, it might be due to my error. but he finally got back to me after a year so now I can find the time to add his name and scale the files, adjust the recoloring and also maybe add a few things. for anyone interested, the lower hull is bar-none excellent! the interior is superb, and the upper hull is what you might see in the series live set, or maybe in drawings with thin triangular panels going around up to the roof and bubble .

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'd love to see some pictures of where your at. People of our generation have a great affinity for this ship. It just looks right. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
i have been fooling around with this for a few years. I would reccoment first, that people who make this Jupiter 2 cut the hull panels in half for the top-side hull. that will make it more circular. the wide pieces somewhat need to be worked into place if you don't cut them in half. I have some pics, but I have to sit down for about 1 day and put the author's name on each page, my recolor explanation, and then file all of them appropriately. I have blown up the other Jupiter 2 model and put the interior in it and it works well. nowadays you gotta get permission and the word free has now become a very restricted operation.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I kind of am of the opinion that with all the reworking you have done, the only people who really need credits are the people from "Irwen Allen"(SP?), who designed the original one. You can call it your own model, host it here, pay homage to whomever you wish and anyone who doesn't like it can take it up with me.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
that sounds good except I object to the IA too because of all the products I bought from the commercials I watched when it originally aired and the other shows they advertised too, the TV air waves were free with the understanding that you didn't buy a ticket because they ran commercials for their sponsors.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I agree with that. I think that model is wide open and no one can lay claim to it, or to most models, for that matter. It's obvious to see when someone stole someone elses designs, but sometimes, not so obvious. There is a rather big Paper Model Website that has most of it's designs taken from simplified Halinski and other well known models. I know many of the designers who were told to "dumb" down the models. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
as soon as things settle down for me I will re-scale, put his name on each page, and some build pics in a zip file and post it in the resources section here.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Jim, we should team up and create the ultimate J-2 (I haven't forgotten the Chariot, BTW ;) ).

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
GREAT! But not so soon, there is no rush. I have something else to finish first. ;)

BTW, there are several templates for the J-2. I may remember seeing one build with an interior (yep, from paper).

I have a 15-page-kit by Vinicio Munoz from 2002. It looks fine but has no texture. Do you know it? If yes, what do you think, how accurate is it?

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
its excellent! that's the one I recolored. give me a week or two and I will post my rescaled recolors. the Jupiter 2 that is here is also pretty good, but you have to watch the back end being out of line.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thanks for clarification. I have seen so many builds since i got a member here that I have to check it out. I definitely have to build it. :)