Juno 1

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by TexasTubaMan, Apr 27, 2007.

1. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

I posted pics of the second cardmodel I have built. It is the Juno 1 available from:
    http://vad1939.freeweb.hu/
    As available it is 1/48th, but I like 1/72, so scaled it down. Hope y'all like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

I posted pics of the second cardmodel I have built. It is the Juno 1 available from:
    http://vad1939.freeweb.hu/
    As available it is 1/48th, but I like 1/72, so scaled it down. Hope y'all like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. jparenti

jparenti Member

Wow. The fact that you could scale it down and still attain all that detail amazes me. Nice clean build (and how did you manage to roll Explorer 1 without destroying it??) :)
    My Jupiter-C build from the same site had to be abandoned not long ago. I stupidly built the tail end and main body at different times, and when I mated them they wouldn't fit. Must have hit the "Fit to Page" button one time and not another. Stupid, stupid. :oops:
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Wow. The fact that you could scale it down and still attain all that detail amazes me. Nice clean build (and how did you manage to roll Explorer 1 without destroying it??) :)
    My Jupiter-C build from the same site had to be abandoned not long ago. I stupidly built the tail end and main body at different times, and when I mated them they wouldn't fit. Must have hit the "Fit to Page" button one time and not another. Stupid, stupid. :oops:
  5. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

theres a buetiful explorer-1 on the landsberg site
  6. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

theres a buetiful explorer-1 on the landsberg site
  7. C Greg

C Greg New Member

Wow! Nice job!

I'm also impressed that you downscaled it. It's hard enough at 1:48. (I started on it months ago and only built part of a fin.)
  8. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Thanks. I just like as much as possible to keep constant scale in my collection. I've built lots of 1/72 plastic aircraft kits, and want to continue in that scale so things displayed together can be compared.

And the Explorer took a couple of times to get almost right. It still wasn't perfect, but I think next time I'll go to a lighter weight paper. I used 65 lb for the entire model.