Junkers D-I ...1/33 scale Answer Kit

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by eatcrow2, Mar 26, 2007.

1. josve

josve Active Member

That is looking really good Peter!!
    I really like the coloring of that aircraft!
  2. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i liked the texturing , the parallel lines on the craft,,, gives it a wooden look... keep going... ^_^
  3. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i liked the texturing , the parallel lines on the craft,,, gives it a wooden look... keep going... ^_^
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I believe it is suppossed to be corrugated metal...........like on Auntie Ju! Ju-52,
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I believe it is suppossed to be corrugated metal...........like on Auntie Ju! Ju-52,
  6. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Yes, defintely corrugated metal... The camo scheme on this IMO is winner, and when touched up and finished should look quite nice.
  7. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Yes, defintely corrugated metal... The camo scheme on this IMO is winner, and when touched up and finished should look quite nice.
  8. gnAsher

gnAsher Member

Would you please stop that! I just took a swig of coffee when I scolled down to the picture of your engine. I nearly sprayed coffee all over my monitor!:grin: What a wonderful build. Can't wait to see it finished!

I also find the tail very intriguing. First time I've seen a one piece elevator.
  9. gnAsher

gnAsher Member

Would you please stop that! I just took a swig of coffee when I scolled down to the picture of your engine. I nearly sprayed coffee all over my monitor!:grin: What a wonderful build. Can't wait to see it finished!

I also find the tail very intriguing. First time I've seen a one piece elevator.
  10. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hi Andreas...

Have done that with a beverage.. Not pretty.;-) I think some of the Albatros fighters had one piece elevators..

Well I've attached the main wings, and also added the small strips that are on the wings close to the fuselage. I guess to step on, and not put a hole in the wing?? Next up will be making up the ailerons, though I won't attach them and the elevator until the end..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hi Andreas...

Have done that with a beverage.. Not pretty.;-) I think some of the Albatros fighters had one piece elevators..

Well I've attached the main wings, and also added the small strips that are on the wings close to the fuselage. I guess to step on, and not put a hole in the wing?? Next up will be making up the ailerons, though I won't attach them and the elevator until the end..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looking great! I really like the textures :D
    Chris
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looking great! I really like the textures :D
    Chris
  14. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

wheel assembly

Did a little work on this, by making up the wheels. Glued up the blanks.. when dried I sanded them to the shape I needed.. Painted dark gray, then dry brushed in lighter shades of gray. Made up the wheel covers, and glued them in. Different shades of pastels, to get the used/worn look I wanted.

[​IMG]
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Looking good, Peter the wheels look great weathered, the pic may be a bit bright, but maybe the sides of the tire should be a tiny bit darker than the rolled upon area.
  16. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Will do final tweaking when everything goes together, and will probably make the sides a little "lighter", as they would have less grass and mud on them.. WWI tires were a lot of different shades.. cream... grays.. pinkish white. But not black...