JU87 DeWaynes models

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by barry, Dec 7, 2004.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Hi

Big stuff again built the fuselage sections will have to see if they fit.

barry

[​IMG]
  2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, Barry, I was thinking of getting that one...what scale did you get? Is there any cockpit detailing in the kit? Questions, questions... :lol:

I love the paint scheme on this model!

Looking forward to seeing more on this build when you can! :wink:

Cheers!

Jim
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Jim

Scale is 1/33 cockpit detail consists instrument panel, seats and straps fairly minimal but of course it could be easily added to by a man with your skills. It also has a pretty reasonable machine gun.

barry
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Model looks very promissing and I'm waiting (in)patiently for more photos :D

On the instruction sheet under the model I see some strange part markings. What is it? Looks like boxes, not numbers...
  5. barry

barry Active Member

My printer threw a wobbly stupid heap. I did not notice till after I had posted it.

barry
  6. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Barry,

"My printer threw a wobbly stupid heap."

I think that I could use that line from time to time

Godd as ever Barry :!:
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Barry,

I think we need a new prize category for best phrase!

"My printer threw a wobbly stupid heap" has to be one of the finest phrases ever uttered by a cardmoder. Especially after the model has been completed!

Best regards, Gil
  8. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Looks very nice. I think these have excellent potential for super detailing. I've looked at it several times with the intent to do a serious build of it but someone always comes out with another neat model I've always wanted.

This may be just a nit pick point but these great models are not mine. I'm just the lucky fellow that gets to distribute them but the connection does give one the 'warm fuzzy' when the kind words are used.
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Fuselage

HI

Thanks DeWayne but remember having an outlet that performs consistantly and is always bringing something new to the market at good prices deserves a mention and to square things Marek is a brillianrt designer. Over the years I came up with a lot of reasonably innovative designs (not in paper models ) that never went anywhere because I had no one competant to push them.

The great thing about this site is there are a lot of good designers and suppliers who manage to tell us what is out there without making everything a commercial pushy statement. Thank you all for that.

I have my usual troubes with the tail end of course, but this time I remembered Rob's tip of pack it with tissue paper. I like this because I can push against a wad of paper rather than the fuselage skin to get it into shape. As you can see the artwork lines up rather well, in some ways I ought to stop here before I make a cods of the rest of the build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barry[/b]
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I second Barry's comments!

It has been a pleasure deealing with you DeWayne, and without you asking for new models we would not have as many to work with as we do now.
    Thanks for running a wonderful service that treats customers like Kings!

Nice build Barry! Keep up the good work!

I got this model because of your Corsair build and DeWaynes' Season Special I got the other Stuka too!
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Barry, she's coming out so very well! :D

Don't you dare stop this build, mate, we all want to see more. :lol:

DeWayne, you are much too humble, but I like that about you...there are an amazing number of outstanding models available to us because of you and other distributors like you. Your role in making them available and at such very reasonable prices is nothing to sneeze at.

Of course, if more fellows started threads on their builds of these gems we would all get a better appreciation of what's out there...what say, fellows, let's see more build threads. :wink: By the way, I include my self in that, having acquired a few of these superb Marek designs recently with that great Birthday offer DeWayne had a week ago. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing how this model tackles the gull wing configuration.

Keep at it, mate!

Cheers!

Jim
  12. barry

barry Active Member

Wings

Hi All

Well I said I would make a cods of it I managed to cut right through the wing spar trying to cut a better slot for airfoil section so it's a bit iffy on the crank.

The real mistake I made was assembling the fuselage at the wing spar and cockpit joint I should have glued the wing spar to the instrument panel former before fitting the fuselage parts together "Lights are on no ones home" syndrome. A dotted indication of where the cross member fits in relation to the former would be good here just to save messing about working out where it fits or a temporary tab which could be cut off after marking it.

If I build it again I would try extending the the cross member to take in the crank in the wing and then lap joint the long wing spar to the modified wing crank. The design seems to have a good strong joint from the wing to the undercarriage leg the part sticking down from the wing fits into a 3 layer sandwich for the inner undercarriage (which means I will be able to drop it without doing too much damage).

Also the tail has a bit of a lean on it. Bit of a mess really but press on regardless I can always print it out and start again. It's a fun model though.

[​IMG]

I added a couple of filets to strengthen the join to the wing spar the other wing envelope is just balancing on the joint at the moment.

[​IMG]

I shall add some sort of gluing tab to the wing crank joint to help stick the wing envelope in place.
  13. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

barry,

build is excellent, pictures are excellent, you will get a real nice model. although I own the kit I did not start it yet, but .... :D.

adding tabs on the hull to fix the connection hull-wing leads to a very tight joint ( no not that with the smoke :wink: ).

greetings from austria
    raimund
  14. barry

barry Active Member

Wings and things

Thanks Raimund I will take note of that tip it would have helped a lot on this build got to be careful with the matches tho Hmmm wonder what the snake would like through a blue fuzz.

The tabs on the wingjoints worked well and thankfully the real life strengthening plates at the joints covered a multitude of rubbish. The undercarriage design is extremely robust I have probably built them too thick but as I was using corrugated cardboard from the cats Felix packets they will easily squash down a lot if necessary (poor cat you will eat these the packaging is good for making formers).

Wings glued up

[​IMG]

An attempt to show the undercarriage joining method

[​IMG]

Undercart on temporarily now it looks like a Stuka.

[​IMG]

barry
  15. barry

barry Active Member

Wheel spats

Hi

Spats on does not look too bad

[​IMG]

barry
  16. Huey

Huey Member

Barry,

Really looking good!!! :D
  17. Jim Krauzlis

What amazes me, Barry, is that you've made this awesome build...while still working on Fuso!

Great job!

More photos when you can, mate. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim
  18. barry

barry Active Member

Ju 87 radiator

Hi

Added the radiator and finally worked how to fit the air intake behind the propellor boss the only description I can think of is it slips inside the fuselage flush at the rear you will definately need a pair of tweezers.

[​IMG]

The spats definately need some Swinger type filling after that I will get round to glueing them to the wings.

[​IMG]

Air intake still needs glue as well

barry
  19. Jim Krauzlis

Looking superb, Barry! :D

Great photo showing the classic Stuka gull wing shape!

It's looking so good, can't wait to see the next update.

Cheers!

Jim
  20. barry

barry Active Member

Canopy

Hi

Well trying to build a canopy again and attempting to do it with flat sheet as an experiment I glued a strip of card behind the acetate to try and give some purchase for the glue I used UHU in the Yellow tube. I do not know if it will work.

I got fed up of the cock up on the wing dihedral so I slit the lower glue joint on the left hand wing and pulled the wing more or less straight then held it till the glue dried again seems to have worked. One day I will do it right it's fun learning.

Help what do other people use to glue acetate to cardboard please.

[​IMG]
    Start of canopy windscreen will have to be reglued

[​IMG]
    Start of cockpit interior

[​IMG]

Recranked wings all needs a lot of acrylic touchup etc

barry