JSU-152

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by charliec, May 17, 2004.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

I'm looking for a 3/4 view drawing of the JSU-152 "Zveroboy" self-propelled gun based on the IS-2 chassis. I've looked in the usual places on the net without result.

Anyone help?

I'm looking at "Doing a Darwin" with the Young Technician model of the JSU but there are obvious inaccuracies in the YT model which (IMHO) are worth correcting.

Regards,

Charlie
  2. Maurice

Maurice Member

3. charliec

charliec Active Member

That's an interesting point - the JSU-152 was the equivalent to the SU-152 but based on the JS chassis. According to www.battlefield.ru the prototype of the JSU-152 (Object 241) was completed in mid-1943. The SU-122 was a modification created to overcome the shortage of the 152mm cannons. The prototype SU-122 (Object 242) was demonstrated in late 1943. Both models (122/152) and the JS-1 tank appeared in action at roughly the same time.

I guess I should think about providing an option to build a JSU-122 - the only difference is the gun barrel for the early models of these SPGs.

Regards,

Charlie
  4. Darwin

Darwin Member

It may be of limited use, but try

http://mkmagazin.almanacwhf.ru/armor/isu_122.htm

It does have a drawing of the 152 variant. If you need some assistance whilst doing a Darwin, go right to the horse's mouth (though some insist it is another part of the equine anatomy) and drop me an email.