jrts armour comp. cat.3: sIG-33 Cannon

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by fuchsjos, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Hello eddik!

My profession is mechatronic (a kind of electrician and mechanical).
    In the company we have the program 'Solid Works' and I work with it as a constructing engeneer.

Josef
  2. edikk

edikk Member

Hi Josef!
    I have thought, that you use 3D the program for development of parts to a gun. For this purpose it is better to use Rhino3D.
  3. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Hello eddik!

I used the program for construction and development of the parts. I also know Rhino, but you can't compare this two programs. Solid Work is a high end professional 3D program which is very expansive. I only have the luck to use it in company and at home for the reason of my profession.

This picture is made out of the programm with the ray-tracing feature.

[​IMG]

Servus
    Josef
  4. edikk

edikk Member

Hello Josef!

I IT the expert, but in 3D programs not the professional.

And figure looks well.
    And to develop and create own model tried?

---
    Edward Koshel
  5. bholderman

bholderman Member

Greetings,

I am going to come across as a complete schmuck, especially in regards to such an incredibly beautiful build, but where's the paper?

Cheers,
    Brad
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Josef,

Laser cutters are too expensive..., that's what the idea is about, making paper laser cutters low cost.

Gil
  7. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Good morning, Edward!

Some minds I have made in that direction but I want to collect experiences first. It is much easier to reconstruct an existing thing than make it completely new. Also it uses very much of my time. Constructing of 3D parts is very time-consuming. The (re)construction of the Parts for the sIG-33 needs double time of building it.

Servus
    Josef
  8. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Hi, Brad!

Normally I'm building papercard models and use some etching parts, but this time I'm building an etching model and use some paper parts as an experimental project. But the parents of this action are a standard cardboard kit and nearly all rounded parts (besides the barrel) are made of paper.
    My intention to go such a abnormal way, was the try to make a unique model. Papercard models are the best basic as a good and solid construction plan to create a scratch build. It is able to change the drawings of a kit into other materials (plastic, wood, metal ...) and I have chose the way of metal. Paper is a fantastic material, but at the time, when I started this project, I thought to the restrictions of Paper, like makeing of very small parts, bending and somthing else (today I think different about this points). Last months, when bulding the jeep, I found many new ways in working with paper and cardboard and could collect much experiences. Today I think, it would also be possible to build the gun in the same way and with the same optic only with paper and cardboard (but it would be much difficulter and needs a lot of additional time).

Servus
    Josef
  9. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Good morning, Gil!

What I'm talking about, was a low cost laser. Perhaps this link could consolidate your idea: http://www.versalaser.com/

Servus
    Josef
  10. bholderman

bholderman Member

Josef,

Very unique indeed. I hope my question didn't come across as offensive, just half-sarcastic, half-curious (which has gotten me on the sofa for than one night). Great build, its time for you to start seeing if any museums need some help out there.

Cheers,
    Brad
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Congratulations, Josef!

What an amazing build. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your build thread, and am very happy your entry won the deserved recognition in the competition.

Cheers!

Jim
  12. fuchsjos

fuchsjos Member

Hi Jim!

Thanks for the friendly words. I am pleased to divide my efforts in the model construction with the community and regard this as stimulus for further model construction activities.

Kindly regards
    Josef