JMSDF Kongo

Bluenoser

Feb 16, 2006
Nova Scotia
I had started this model for the december competition but was unable to finish it in time. Its done now however, and so I thought I would just show it anyway.

Attachments

• 100_3044.jpg
    100_3044.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_3045.jpg
    100_3045.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 145

Bluenoser

Feb 16, 2006
Nova Scotia
Clashster said:
Very nice! Nice lines and clean building! Was it a free download? Got a link? This would have made the judges' job even tougher! :grin:
Chris
Yes, the model is a free one. You can find it here:
http://www.papermodel.jp/english/free_kongo.html

This is a site worth checking into a little later on, they have the
IJN Aircraft Carrier AKAGI-The Pearl Harbor attack in 1:350 on the drawing board. The picture of it looks great. I want to get this one in the collection.

Additionally, this site also has a free Nuclear powered sub from the JMSDF.

Bluenoser

Feb 16, 2006
Nova Scotia
It certainly has less parts than a Halinski kit. The model is on 12 pages, but the parts are well spaced. The download has a real nice set of step-by-step instructions to follow.

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Kongo

Bluenoser:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering what the completed model would look like when built by someone other than the designer. It looks quite good for a free model. I have a pre-Pentium computer without a zip drive so I have not downloaded the model or even seen what it looked like on paper.

Good work.

Z

Zathros

I think your model is a perfect example of how paper beats plastic. I think it is superb.

rlwhitt

Aug 25, 2006
Clemmons, NC, USA
That's a very nice build Bluenoser! I'm planning to do some ships in the future and this looks like a great free-model way to get my feet wet (heh, heh). Thanks for sharing it!

Rick