Jim Clark's Lotus 49

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by spirtos, Aug 7, 2006.

1. spirtos

spirtos Member

I finished my Lotus 49 and I have just took some pictures of it. Tomorrow I hope to take some more pictures , in the sunlight this time.
    I downloaded thiw beautiful model from this webpage : http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/ (it is free)
    The scale is 1/30 and the finished model is 13cm long (about 5 inches).It consists of two pages(the second one has some option parts). It is a more complex model than I expected but the result worth the extra effort. I did some minor changes and additions.
    I redesigned the front rims and used aluminium foil for all of them,reprinted some engine and gearbox parts and glued them over the originals to make a depth effect,scratchbuilt the rear shocks and springs, I added seatbelts and had a hard time trying to replace the paper screen with one made of transparent plastic (with a yellow tan). I also used a thin transparent tape to make the car shiny.
    It is a very bautiful model and I enjoyed it very much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. spirtos

spirtos Member

I finished my Lotus 49 and I have just took some pictures of it. Tomorrow I hope to take some more pictures , in the sunlight this time.
    I downloaded thiw beautiful model from this webpage : http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/ (it is free)
    The scale is 1/30 and the finished model is 13cm long (about 5 inches).It consists of two pages(the second one has some option parts). It is a more complex model than I expected but the result worth the extra effort. I did some minor changes and additions.
    I redesigned the front rims and used aluminium foil for all of them,reprinted some engine and gearbox parts and glued them over the originals to make a depth effect,scratchbuilt the rear shocks and springs, I added seatbelts and had a hard time trying to replace the paper screen with one made of transparent plastic (with a yellow tan). I also used a thin transparent tape to make the car shiny.
    It is a very bautiful model and I enjoyed it very much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. spirtos

spirtos Member

two more pictures...I used sandpaper to replicate a tarmac surface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. spirtos

spirtos Member

two more pictures...I used sandpaper to replicate a tarmac surface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice, I've always loved the F1 cars of the 60's.
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice, I've always loved the F1 cars of the 60's.
  7. namoon

namoon New Member

hope you may find and enjoy his other works on '60's F1, simplified deformed.
    lotus 18 and many 2x's, brm's, cooper's, porsche's, ferrari's, yes sure honda.

eventually, you could complete all entrance of monaco gp in 1961.

one difficulty is the site is created with flash, so it maybe hard to walk there and find files to download for non-japanese people.

Attached Files:

8. Kaz

Kaz Member

I've posted it before, so I will post it again...
    http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/downrod_pdf2/?sortby=7
    this is the index link to the kamaboko site. luckily the pdf's are titled with appropriate english description
    Kamaboko..... reshaped white fish..... The Japanese have been making fake prawns since the 7th century