Jig for scibing siding

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Had some nice comments on the sidings in the interior of my new building and some requests for how I made them so here goes. I think the picture will tell it all the saw I use is a junior hack saw as I do not have one of those cute small tenon saws, The width of the block with the saw cuts helps to guide the blade and keep the groove square.Cut the sawcuts using a square as indicated to the width of your scale planks and as many as suits your material ,Styrene or wood, stained my sidings with cold tea and am pleased with the result,looks like Cedar

Attachments

• siding jig.jpg
    siding jig.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 188

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Found a box of tongue depressors that the doctors use, Boy..is this great for making sidings,the wood is very fine grained, a nice thickness & width for HO ,Lop the round end off ,fit it in the jig and the scored lines look great

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Found a box of tongue depressors that the doctors use
Artsy-craftsy stores have them too, only I think they're called something like "craft sticks", and I'd bet they're a lot cheaper since they're not medical supplies! As I recall, they come about umpiti-million to a box.