Jerk Water R.R.

RI541

This one could of got me in an awful lot of trouble, My mother in laws maiden name is Coles. So I did some heavy weathering on it

It's the Coles Spread car with the slogan " The best Spread for Forty years"

Attachments

• jw box 028.jpg
    jw box 028.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 52

RI541

This one is an X-2 Idler car I saw in a magazine either MRC or MR I can't remember which.

Attachments

• jw box 036.jpg
    jw box 036.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 114

RI541

I took seperate photos of the loco and tender to try and get a good shot of each then took one of the both.

Attachments

• jw box 043.jpg
    jw box 043.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 82

RI541

And now the end of the train, I made a mistake on this caboose but so far nobody has noticed, maybe some one here will.

Attachments

• jw box 024.jpg
    jw box 024.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 77

RI541

Thanks, but even this fiticious RR made a boo boo

It's not the smoke stack but your real close.

Ron, It's not as hard as it looks, I practice on HO to get the feel of it then go down to N which is is scale I model.

Another thing that I should mention is all the car numbers are birthdays of my family, I hope I don't run out of ideas soon since the family gets bigger every year.

davidstrains

Originally posted by davidstrains
smokestack

wind deflector on the smokestack is normally perpindicular to train movement:)

but the real thing is that the cupola is on the wrong end. it should be over the non-windowed section. You put the roof assembly on backwards, right?:eek: :eek: :D

I was looking at a bunch of cabeese a couple of days ago and downloaded a pot full of photos of this type. You are right that if you are not looking for it you will skip right over it. Do you intend to redo it or is it just a road specific detail? :) :) :)

RI541

I picked the caboose up second hand, It was lettered for the Virginia and Tuckee(?) RR. The roof was already on it. I had to seprate the bottom to put in the truss rods. You are correct on it being backwards. I didn't even notice that.

I've seen smoke stack run either way so I wasn't including that.

It's something that I did during the finishing touches thats wrong. I'll post another picture in a day or two.

I don't plan on redoing it unless my father in law notice's. Then I'll hang my head in shame and redo it.:) :) :)

McFortner

I thought the smoke stack took up the rear of the caboose, so your green/red light on top of the caboose should be the other way around.

At least that is my $0.02 worth.

Michael

RI541

Eightyeightfan, You win the grand prize.

And the grand prize is: A trip to nowhere, so kick back and enjoy:D :D :D

RI541

720 is my oldest daughters B-day

I'm pleading the fifth,I was sitting with my friend Jimmy Beam when I did this.:) :) :)

Attachments

• gondala 059.jpg
    gondala 059.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 31