Jedi ETA-2 by Paper-Replika

vbsargent

More update pics:

Two cockpits!
pair2.jpg

pair1.jpg

pIr3.jpg

Now I get to start working on the exterior. That will hopefully go quicker as there are around 300 pieces in each interior :eek:

vbsargent

OK, so I've been a bit stalled on this for the past couple of weeks. Partly due to trying to figure out how I was going to do the canopies. My initial idea didn't pan out, but I think that I have that solved.

So onward with what little progress has been made-

SmallHull1.jpg

Pieces for the small hull cut out and edges painted.

Smallhull2.jpg

Pieces shaped, cockpit ring glued closed . . .

And installed . . .
SmallHull3.jpg

You will notice toward the top of the sides of the cockpit and hull join that the ring is not completely glued down. I corrected this after the glue had set for a couple of days.

SmallHull4.jpg

SmallHull8.jpg

There is also some roughness at the very top/rear of the canopy attachment area. This will not be visible after the canopy has been intalled.

SmallHull7.jpg

More roughness and unevenness . . . .grrrrrrrrrrrrr:curse:

SmallHull6.jpg

SmallHull5.jpg

I have the large hull cut out and laminated to 1mm card. Boy, shaping that properly is a real b!tch!

That's it for now,

The farce controls us, but obeys our commands as well.

Z

Zathros

This is one of the best build threads I have read in a long time. I love it! I'm making it a sticky. Too much here to get lost into the vast archive.:)

Patron_zero

Really impressive build as such a clever upscale at that !

If one may ask, is there a scale the accompanying action figures are set at ? Politely curious as having such would allow for 'adjusting' other models to equip my nephews horde of similar-sized action figures.

Thanks again for sharing !

vbsargent

The Star Wars figures he has are listed as 3.5" Assuming an average of 6' reduced to 3.5" makes the scale about 1/20.

vbsargent

Many thanks for the kind words, work on the fighters is sporadic, It seems like the vbsargent household can't go two weeks without some plague sweeping in and getting each of us, one by one. I actually have a few new pics on the way, just gotta upload them to my computer at home, then to my online photo storage, then to you guys (gender neutral use of the word "guys" here). The larger cockpit pod is proving to be a stubborn bit of tree bark. :curse: So I'm very aggravated at it. It is a very naughty model. :violin1:

Any hooo . . . . . I'm off to fume over misbehaving Anakin's (or is that Anakin's misbehaving?) Jedi Starfighter.

You must learn about the farce, if you are to come with me to Alderan.

Maverick65

Just came across this posting-those cockpits are fabulous. :thumb: The detail is simply stunning. Cant wait to see the finished product. I hope I'm half as good as you some day.

The pics with Luke and R2 were very greatively done made me laugh. sign1 Thanks-there is a shortage of laughter in the world. Keep up the great work.

Rick

vbsargent

@Maverick65- Thank you for your kind words. I have been finding little time for modeling lately, so this is turning into a long term affair.

@kolscho- Thank you, the interior and exterior are from paper-replika.com

Norton

Great lord...I hope to one day be able to build in such Detail as well.

If there would be many more able of such craftmanship, Enterprises as Revell would lose their field of Business :)

samurai32

I'm impressed that this is only you 4th or 5th model and you took on the challenge of enlarging it with a definite time frame for completion also. the force must be strong in this one. keep up the good work and i also look forward to seeing it completed. am also interested in how you will make the clear canopy. keeps us informed and good luck with rest of the build.

samurai32

vbsargent

@Norton- Thanks for the kind words. Danke schön.

@Samurai32- Well, the time frame kinda went out the window:eek:ops:, but I do plan to finish them. As with many folks, real life sometimes just gets in the way of things. As Robert Burns said "The best laid schemes of mice and men, go often awry."

Master_Barret

Hi, I too have seen this model in paper-replika.com and also I downloaded, I only need to have the skills to build it, I wish you luck and I want to see it finished.

Greetings.