JBBV 101 who or what am I????

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
here are a couple pics of what 101 looked like when i got her from Ebay. Does anyone have a clue what this engine is? as in who may have made it? I also have a couple pics of what she looked like when i striped her. just have to find them.

Attachments

• tender right.JPG
    tender right.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 141
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 140
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 142

JBBVry

May 14, 2004
Thomasville NC
groups.yahoo.com
this is what i found when i striped her. yes that is brass under all that solder. the gennerator was a pice of a spring no Whistel the bell ws a one pice casting that was realy bad. I used Cal-Scale parts as you can see in the last pic. also not sure how good it shows up but the air pumps are wood and brass and very well done alittle big but look pretty good. if anyone here has any idea on this engine let me know. as for my money i would say she is a Scratch Built Engine.

Attachments

• right side.JPG
    right side.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 134
  • left side.JPG
    left side.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 135
  • new parts.JPG
    new parts.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 136

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Looks like you got ahold of someone's long forgotten scratchbuild. It may also be an early kit, assembled by someone with those oldtimey humungous soldering irons. The amount of exposed solder when you stripped it makes it unlikely to be an original brass issue but I would not be surprized if it was found to be a modified one. The diecast cylinders lead me to believe it's a scratchbuild using commercial components, though it was not unusual for brass makers to use diecast elements in some issues. Even so, you've got the makings for a great first brass project, gotta love that old open frame motor. Wonder how many amps that puppy will draw?:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: