Jay's Box of Sci-Fi CardToys

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksolo

Aug 25, 2006
Hello every one, dont see any old posts from before the site upgrade yet.

Just want to be the first to post to this thread after the upgrade :)

Frank Kelle

Jun 22, 2007
Germany, NRW
Hi Jaybats! I had just lurched around your new models (I (and my uncle who nearlly build them all) like them very much) and my first view was the "Swinetrek" with a "YEAH"! I think, after the bismarck-build THIS will be my first SciFi-"Starship". I hope I will not have to build Mrs. Piggy also...
Thanks for the new models!

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
Oops, sorry, looks like I forgot to cut the slot on the rear of the delta hull all the way through! Just cut the central part in the middle from left to right, then fold them inward to create a gap as thick as the slots on the sides. The central parts can form tabs to hold the wing. Insert the wing between the slots, then insert the impulse engines and middle part over/under the wing, positioning them as indicated in the texture. Diagram attached.

Delta class instr 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
hmm, just noticed the original instruction graphic (attached) was missing from the file. uploaded a new file with both instruction graphics.

Delta class instr 1.jpg

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
ok im not sure if i built this right. some of the part positioning was not clear.as such i didnt spend any time cleaning this one up.

b5excaliber 002.jpg b5excaliber 003.jpg

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
delta warp vessel

i hope there are more "Enterprise" ships in the future!:mrgreen:

deltawarpvessel006.jpg

deltawarpvessel005.jpg

deltawarpvessel004.jpg

deltawarpvessel003.jpg

deltawarpvessel002.jpg

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
WHOA, NICE!!!

The Excalibur came out pretty well, don't worry! I think you just need to crease the points on the "petals" to make them close up a bit more. I don't know how else to make them close. In the meta model, the crease line runs all the way from the point to the middle of the rear of each petal. Tell me which parts did you have to figure out further, I'll revise the instruction graphic.

The Delta looks shiny, did you use metallic cardstock?

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
no, the delta is printed on matte cardstock. the textures just gave it a really good look. as for the excalibre i think an exploded parts veiw would help. the parts in the nose i couldnt figure theri orintation.the wings i ended up ctting the big tab off cause i couldnt figure how they attached to the hull. but otherwise had fun building.

marksolo

Aug 25, 2006
Burn out every one?

Why so quiet? So many models so little time. Need to complete those models I started but I need inspirations! Some pics of recent builds will do nicely!

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
been pretty quiet scince the new site started. i posted a bit but didnt seem able to re kik start this thread. im currently on break from paper till i finish my 1/350 USS North Carolina. as soon as i finish it ill get back on some of Jaybats kits.

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
X-71 wings

in case you're having difficulty with the X-71's wings, note that they have to be thick at the side that attaches to the fuselage, and that they droop downwards and are not flat in line with the bottom of the fuselage:

X-71wingsinternal.jpg

the forward leading edge of the large wing has a triangular cross-section to give the wing some volume. i now realize that i should have put in some internal wing support as well to create that thickness.

it would probably be better to put the wing assembly together first (mind the gap), then attach the internal support, then wrap the fuselage onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.