Japanese Aircraft Carrier "Zuiho", JSC 1:400

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Hi Everybody,

My name is Andreas Kapaklis and I am from Greece but currently I live in Germany.
I am an old model freak (since I was 6 yaers old) but new into card modeling. Here I will present you my first project and share with you the steps towards its completion.
It is the WWII Japanese Aircraft Carrier "Zuiho" from the publisher JSC in 1:400 scale. I know that it is a little bit complicated for my first project but I think I will manage it.

I want to post some images that I have. Can Somebody please help me?

Cheers Andreas

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Hi,
Go to http://www.imageshack.us/, click browse to look for the image you want to host and upload it.
It will create links for you to use on forums and web pages. Copy and paste the link to your post.
Use the "preview" function to check how the photo will look in the post.
Service is free and very convenient.
If this doesn't work and noone else can help, I will get in touch with you later - I'm at work now.....

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure what problem you are having posting pics but this might help...

Go to your user control panel (User CP), go to edit options , go to Thread Display Options and make sure the "show images" box is checked.

Next, when you post there are additional options below your post, click the manage attachments button and upload your pics. Make sure the pics are within the size limit.
I hope this helps.

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Here we try!!!

Hi!!

I think this will work now

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

If it work I will post more....there is progress in the work....

Thanks for all the help
Cheers Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
That is great...It is working!!!

These are the pictures from the first stages of construction. I have to say,although I am not experienced that it is a little bit difficult as a model but I think I will manage it. In total I think it is a very nice model with a very attractive paint sceme.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are also some data about the model that might interest you

Publisher: JSC
Designer: Marian Katny
Scale: 1:400
Length: 504 mm
Pieces: 2010
Sheets: 10
Format: A4
GMI: 4

Cheers Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
More pictures!!!

Hi Everybody!!!

Here is one picture more and more will come.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Here you can see the finished bracing for the hull and the finished deck with the VERY attractive painting. I have also attached the aircraft hangar (which come with detail in the model) but I only put it for structure stifness as I don't want to built it with movable elevator....It will ruin the paintsceme on the deck.

And here are the last two images for today. They are from yesterday night. I attached the hull sides. I was worried if it would work but it seems it turned out fine and I am happy with the results. Some small glitsches exist like in former 17 (I think you can see it in the picture) the card is extending where it shouldn't be. I think these is due to inexeperience but I will try to fix it when I will attach the flight deck.

If you liked it stay tuned because there are more to come.

Cheers and Goodmorning from the frosty Rheingau
Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Ships bridge and fore deck

Goodmornig Everybody (German Time)!!

Yesterday night there was some progress with the works. I did some work on the bridge and the fore deck. It is starting now to take shape as a ship and I think I am satisfied by the work.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Sometimes I do strange things and the bollards (?I don't know if it is the right word) you see are rolled and placed on the deck by hand in scale 1:400 (!!!!),less than 1mm in size. I think they are ok. I don't use twizers.... :???:

Cheers Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Thanks!!!!

I would like to thank you all for the nice comments!!!!! I gives me a motivations to continue....Sadly you will have to wait a little bit for new pics because to much work in the lab....please be patient for latter this week.

Cheers
Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Work Progresses

Hi Everybody,

At last there was some progress in the past few days in the builidng. It is becoming very nice and more and more detailed although I have still a lonf way to go.

Here you can see some work on the aft deck and the stiffenings on the under side of the flight deck. (Sorry but it is not a very clear picture).

Here is the lattice work of the flight deck. There were two options. Either to leave or cut out the card between the lattice. I decided to cut it out because it would look very nice on the finished model and I think I was right although it was nerve breaking. It took me about 2 hours two finish just these two parts!!!!

Stay tuned for more
Cheers

Andreas

Andreas Kapaklis

Nov 17, 2005
Germany
www.sfsm.gr
Hi Eveverybody,

After a long pause and too much travelling across Europe since mid December (Northern Ireland, England, Greece and back to Germany) I'm back and I continue my projects.
Two days ago I started with the AA platoforms on the portside. Here is the picture. It is a little bit dark but I hope you will find it ok.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers
Andreas