Jan Rukr's Astro-Racers (an independent's entry!)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Jan has sent me a emblem which should be mounted on the aircraft. There has to be some kind of vetting procedure. A clear build thread would be a 99% guarantee. Also, I think the ship should be assigned a number, like in real racing, that stays with it. The number has no significance, other than a way to keep tabs on it. I need feedback. I won't post the pics yet as I do not want anyone usurping this who does not belong to ZEALOT. This is our thing. All you have to do is join this forum to get into it.

SO, please, help me with some ideas on vetting (Judging whether the model is in the spirit, and since just about anything goes, that shouldn't be hard. Any ideas, put them in this thread. I really need your input on this.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jan has sent me a emblem which should be mounted on the aircraft. There has to be some kind of vetting procedure. A clear build thread would be a 99% guarantee. Also, I think the ship should be assigned a number, like in real racing, that stays with it. The number has no significance, other than a way to keep tabs on it. I need feedback. I won't post the pics yet as I do not want anyone usurping this who does not belong to ZEALOT. This is our thing. All you have to do is join this forum to get into it.

SO, please, help me with some ideas on vetting (Judging whether the model is in the spirit, and since just about anything goes, that shouldn't be hard. Any ideas, put them in this thread. I really need your input on this.

1. Model in the spirit - If the plane / ship / racer can be imagined in a race course setting like a standard racetrack only flying (see wipeout for reference). No Vorlon planet destroyers. Has to convey a sense of speed.

2. Numerology - Just have to make sure and keep track of a list of craft - like on Jan website now & maybe (if the model is good enough) put on Jan's site. Maybe possible vote on models and if accepted assign a number to said model.

3. Adjustability of the Astro Racer logo on the model - Can make it big or small. If on the main top portion of the racer make it small. If on the bottom have it a large as you want.

4. Artist's Name on the bottom - with suitable logo. Hmmm.. Have the Astro racer logo in the center with the artist's name below (centered).

5. Stock entrees, special entrees, and just wacked out entrees (See St. Dragon on Jan's site for details).

That's all I have for now.

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The models will stay on this site. I can't get into that, proprietary reasons, also in Jan's interest. It would cost him more money to host them.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Jan Rukr has sent me some final requirements for out own creations of "Independent Astro Racers entries/creations"

If you have an opinion, or idea, POST IT NOW!! :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jan Rukr has sent me some final requirements for out own creations of "Independent Astro Racers entries/creations"

If you have an opinion, or idea, POST IT NOW!! :)

Z - Ok, but when can we see the requirements to comment one way or the other?

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Soon, like now ( won't post the logo till we get the system up for doing this, I don't want someone from any other forum sidling their way into something they do not have permission to. also, in the "logo" you see, ZEALOT will have to appear. This is again so that Jan knows it came from here. You build a model, you have thrown it to the wind. Of course, you build something and paing it some others colors, you can do whatever you wish with it, you just can't call it an Astro Racer. This is all pending as we are still going back and fourth.

Medallion:

custom ship - logo (possible use).png Your Avatar Name, and smaller, under neat "zealot" go in the "By your creations Banner", everything is being done that I am able to think of to protect Jan's Astro-Racer design concept . That is imperative.

FOR THE BULDERS:

Astro Racer staff:

The craft must have a racing number between 1 and 1000 followed by AR letters or there must be at least one ASTRO RACERS sign somewhere at the visible surface (hood).

The craft with the emergendy escape vehicle system have this sign eev-system.png (optional stuff - you don´t need to have some rescue vehicle for your pilot:D)

No weapons allowed.

Craft can be equipped with antigravity device branded by DUNAHILL (sign of the dunahill - dunahill.png - can be placed on craft)

The craft must fit in the box 20x20x20 meters (starting box dimensions)

Engine technology and shape of the craft is optional

Papermodel is 1~2 pages of A4 format. Relatively easy construction with 30 marked parts at maximum. (Optimum is one paper sheet with 17 parts).

One of the dimensions (h x l x w) of the papermodel is 15~17cm...(optimal case). There is no need small, high detailed model with plenty of parts.

It is better to make a model with landing gear down.(open)

it is good to have some background story + some graphic medallion.

One easy graphic building plan and that´s it. Astroracer is finished :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Soon, like now ( won't post the logo till we get the system up for doing this, I don't want someone from any other forum sidling their way into something they do not have permission to. also, in the "logo" you see, ZEALOT will have to appear. This is again so that Jan knows it came from here. You build a model, you have thrown it to the wind. Of course, you build something and paing it some others colors, you can do whatever you wish with it, you just can't call it an Astro Racer. This is all pending as we are still going back and fourth.

Medallion:

View attachment 147711 Your Avatar Name, and smaller, under neat "zealot" go in the "By your creations Banner", everything is being done that I am able to think of to protect Jan's Astro-Racer design concept . That is imperative.

FOR THE BULDERS:

Astro Racer staff:

The craft must have a racing number between 1 and 1000 followed by AR letters or there must be at least one ASTRO RACERS sign somewhere at the visible surface (hood).

The craft with the emergendy escape vehicle system have this sign eev-system.png (optional stuff - you don´t need to have some rescue vehicle for your pilot:D)

No weapons allowed.

Craft can be equipped with antigravity device branded by DUNAHILL (sign of the dunahill - dunahill.png - can be placed on craft)

The craft must fit in the box 20x20x20 meters (starting box dimensions)

Engine technology and shape of the craft is optional

Papermodel is 1~2 pages of A4 format. Relatively easy construction with 30 marked parts at maximum. (Optimum is one paper sheet with 17 parts).

One of the dimensions (h x l x w) of the papermodel is 15~17cm...(optimal case). There is no need small, high detailed model with plenty of parts.

It is better to make a model with landing gear down.(open)

it is good to have some background story + some graphic medallion.

One easy graphic building plan and that´s it. Astroracer is finished :)

Z - Looks great. One change I would make is that those of US in the states use 8.5X11 in lieu of the A4 european standard. Would that be acceptable?

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, and these are among the things Jan and myself are finalized. Paper size is up to the individual, as is model scale size. The "true size" maximum is 20 x 20 x 20 meters. Obviously, that is for reference. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Yes, and these are among the things Jan and myself are finalized. Paper size is up to the individual, as is model scale size. The "true size" maximum is 20 x 20 x 20 meters. Obviously, that is for reference. :)

Z - Be Careful there! I know a guy that can supply a banner that size. I'd have to seriously laminate the paper and reinforce it copiously. Hmmm... this might go into the realm of fiberglas. Just thinking out loud, but it could be done.

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
My brother-in-law's brother is a printer and can make huge banners also. :)

wulf111

What ?????? Bruce Banner is your brother-in-law ????
That is Hulking it a bit, isn't it ????? :D

now that's funny.

seriously though this is a great idea i am so doing some of these i have several ideas already. my only problem is i cant create textures i can do 3D just fine but when it comes to the 2D apps.... so anyone interested in teaming up?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You can add textures in Paint. Making a "Independent" entry model means that having something maybe not so polished, adds to the realism. :)

Alien99

Papercraft Member
nice find
spaceagent-9 .
I like that design too...Only thing to do is to make some backstory and the pilot name and nation :) ( really like tat design. Are there more informations?...creator....