I've Seen It All Now

Vic

Well, I guess I've seen it all now:eek: :D :D :D ....An "Elvis" trainset!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: No offense to any Elvis fans but this has got to be the all time low for model railroading:D :p :D :p :D :p

Attachments

• elvis.jpg
    elvis.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 159

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have a steam locomotive to tie in with the "Love me tender" theme? :)
Ralph
PS Stick around Vic, the Ozzie Osbourn Special is probably on the drawing board! :D

rockislandmike

If they come out with a Britney Spears version, that's it, I'm leaving the hobby !!!!! :D

PS - I saw an ad for that in one of the recent mags. I too shook my head.

The whole thing looks suitable for framing to me. :eek:

Would have been better though if the set included a "TCB" watch, or a mug or necklass or something. :p :D

t.( poking at the set, not the man)

kf4jqd

Takes the cake!

Who on God's green earhth would waste their money on that crap? I saw the ad on Walther's home page. I have heard of Elvis fans that will buy ANYTHING with Elvis on it. I don't think it's aimed at us modelers. I hope not!:rolleyes:

Andy

PS
I love any REAL railroad!:D

I don't see anything wrong with it. I think I'm going to cash in on ralph's and mike's suggestions and do a custom brittney/ozzy consist. I'll make millions!

Many elvis fans will purchase these things, perhaps they will find the fun in our hobby and become serious modelers, perhaps they will not. Who cares? I run a train at chistmass that is entirely dessert cars. (Popcicle, dove bar, etc.) If someone wants to run an elvis train on his birthday, so be it.

"My two cents is free"
-Eminem

McFortner

I think that I would wait until interest dies down and they go on sale for <$20, then buy one to repaint for the NSR. Worse case, I could take the motor out of the locomotive if it is garbage and make a dummy engine.

Michael

(love me tender indeed! ;) )

Chessie

Well I don't know about up north but down south I don't expect it will sell to good because they left off the velvet covering.

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Elvis has left the station....

My Mother-in-law would get moist with anticipation if she knew about this! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm going to have nightmares about this for months...

Any idea who the manufacturer is? Athern, Bachmann.... Someone else?

How for the mighty have fallen....

jon-monon

Re: Elvis has left the station....

Originally posted by TinGoat
My Mother-in-law would get moist with anticipation if she knew about this! :D :D :D :D :D

Sick, goat, sick. You're either a lot younger than you look, you married a gal half your age, or you're sick for going there :rolleyes:

I'm going to have nightmares about this for months...

That's a GOOD sign...

Any idea who the manufacturer is? Athern, Bachmann.... Someone else?

IHC

How for the mighty have fallen....

I just can't believe you guys wouldn't be proud to have The King rolling around your layout! I've been surching forever for an Elvis figure to place at the train station, but as close as I've come is this:

It all started with The King!

Hey baby,

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL

jon

jon-monon

Originally posted by Gary Pfeil
Jon, I love those! If they were cheaper, I'd buy them for my garden railroad, just for laughs.

Gary

I think a set of the HO scale ones would be great on my future 50's layout, maybe at McD's :D :D :D

Of course I have palns for Roswell, NM, too, and all the X-file freaks know what happened there in the 50's :D :D :D

jon

cidchase

Hey Vic,
I'd gamble that, if the truth were known, you've tapped your
foot more than once to one of that old Mississippi boy's songs.

'fess up, now :)

I guess I'd rather have Elvis than some of that stuff I hear
out of my truck window now. :mad:

The low point for me is those pink "girl's train sets." :confused:
Not being chauvinistic, I just can't imagine that a lady who really
likes trains would want a pink one!! :D :D

From Olive Branch,

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I've never seen one of those pink train sets but I do recall noting distinctive pink covered hoppers for the Klemme Co-Op when I lived in Iowa in the late 70's. :)
Ralph