Ive been workin on the railroad...

L

lester perry

Ive been workin on the railroad....

103074292.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Lester, that crane is really getting a workout. Is your trackwork really that bad :D , or are the throttle jockeys just overly enthusiastic? Seriously, though, nice picture. Is that crane the one from Athearn? My Tichy crane is not built to allow me to position the boom vertically, and while I do have one that can be posed with the boom or hooks in various positions, it requires some disassembly to get at the mechanism. I also have one of Walthers American derricks (unpowered) that I had to put a spring at the base of the boom in order to keep the cables taut. Lucky that I never have any derailments, eh?:)

Wayne

L

lester perry

Woodie said:
What did you use for the cables on the crane, Lester? I can't get mine to look anywhere near as straight as those!!
Just the tthread that came with it.
Les

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This is a nice mini-scene, Les! :thumb:
(I'm happy that in reality we can call the 5-prong-crane for rerailing our cars, though! Works much faster. :D :D :D )

Woodie,
try rubbing beeswax into a string to keep it from curling. It's an old trick of sail ship modelers.
I used to take a lump of beeswax, slightly pressed the thread into the wax and then simply pulled it through between thumb/finger and wax. If you don't have beeswax, a (soft) candle might also work.

Ron