It's the last Thursday of the week.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Good morning all.

My first opening. It's cool in Virginia but supposed to "warm up" to the 40's today. We expect rain later but no snow.:) :) Coffee is hot. Water for tea is on the stove, OJ in the 'fridge. This morning we have eggs the way you like them, bacon, American Fries, (grits also available). There is a plate of muffins on the table.

Last night I was a "timer" at a high school gymnastics meet. My daughter coaches a girls gymnastics team and she needed some "parents" to do score keeping and admin stuff. It was a lot of fun. Her team is good. They have won their district and regional championships the past 4 years.

Chat room is up. See billk's thread on it.

Have a good day.:)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Morning David!
Mind if a Ky neighbor stops in for a cup? :)
It's rainy & 51 degrees here in the River City...I'm not complaining...like you said, "No snow!" :D
Usually I'm not around at this hour, but I'm staying home with a 7 yr old whose a little under the weather this morning.
I'll be taking her to the Dr. later this morning, & maybe sometime today, I can snatch a couple of hours to work on the layout.

Have a great day everybody! :)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Good to see you David. Coffee and some hot food to start the day.

This morning been a little warmer than previous mornings as the temperature is at 32F (0C) and it is supposed to go up to 50F.

Since I spent last night acting as the bus for the kids and their activities no modeling got done. I will try tonight.

I hope everyone has a good day.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Morning all.
11 degrees F here in the northwest corner of CT.
Haven't turned on the Weather Channel yet this morning, so don't know whats gonna happen. Gotta work tonight, so I'm gonna be out Xmas shopping this morning.
Better give me a large regular and some asprin to go.

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all. Its 48 and raining:confused: here in Michigan. Where is the snow for Christmas?? I don't need to get the fishing boat out so I can deliver the presents do I.

I will take a cup of coffee and hubby is glad that someone finally has grits. He loves them. Got a bunch of chasing to do so we won't stay long. Have a good one out there:p

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
Mornin all-

It's chilly out this morning.... 64

Maybe it will dry up over the weekend so I can get the mower out.... The grass that's still green is still growing. Looks like yet another year I'll be mowing on Christmas Eve.

What is this "snow" (?sp) substance you people keep talking about? It sounds fun.... maybe send some to me here in Houston????

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin',
It's a nice enough day for December here in Chicago. I don't have quite as honorable a reason for not getting any raillwork done. I was at the theater watching "The Two Towers".
Still have a few gifts to buy, so Ill probably be busy doing that, and getting ready for the family to be home for the holidays.
Later,
Pete

Afternoon all,

Warm, humid and wet since last night. Expecting to get up between 75 and 80 today. It is one of those gray and overcast windy days here in the city. Perfect day for downtown shopping and paying a few pre-Christmas calls. The streetcars on the St. Charles line are decorated with garland and bows. Hope this weather holds out thru the holidays.......NOT.........We are expecting storms and cold into the 40's over the weekend.

Nick
Bywater Railroad
New Orleans