It's Springtime!!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
It's Springtime N scalers!
Put on your sunglasses, come up out of the basement, & let us know what's going on!!
Let's give Catt an excuse for earning that paycheck!
biggrin.gif

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Ok...what about N scale steam? I passed up a Bachman 4-8-4 back a couple of months ago at a reduced price 'cause it wasn't 'my 'Flag'(it was Sante Fe)...Now I know that was kinda dumb...I could have used it for a switcher or local freight engine on the VGN run of my planned layout.. Any body know anything about back dated issues of N scale steam locos. that I might be able to find used??
VGN
cool.gif

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Rivarossi used to make a number of steam locos and then Concor seemed to have a few.
Trix produced a nice running pacific but all these have almost become collectors items. The hobby store I frequent has a couple of used switchers for sale so check your hobby store to see if they have any. I don't even see the one and only Kato steam loco in stores anymore. Hopefully there will be some demand for more N gauge steamers in the future. I am quite envious of all the HO steam locos available

Steamnut

I saw a lot of used and old stock N scale steam lokeys at the Greenburg and Gats shows that we worked at this winter. Some at very good prices, like the Atlas ATSF o-8-o I snagged for $45 or the Bachman Nickel Plate Northern and N&W tender I found at 2 different shows for $35 altogether. I tested both before purchase, and they run fairly well the Bachman performed much as I expected, although its a bit too long for my Atlas turntable.
Another choice, distasteful to some, is the mail order houses, they will often have close out items at a fairly good price.
The bargains are definitely out there, but quite often they are buried in the miscellaneous (s)crap box under the table.
Allen