It's soo darn cold........

It's been so darn cold here in Wisconsin (45 below zero with the wind chill) that the trains wont run!:eek: They themselves will run but the operator ,me, wont go downstains! I finally did Saturday night. I had to wear my Rock Island sweatshirt! Needless to say the trains were happy to see me.

As for Summertime? It gets sooo darn hot that the basement is the only retreat from the heat! Just kidding. I love Summertime!:D :D :D

Andy

Ravensfan

Oct 16, 2002
planet earth
Visit site
even cold here in the Northeast. I had to walk a mile to a meeting this morning in 7 degree temperture, I don't know what the wind chill factor was, and after about 200 yards, my head started to hurt. No, I wasn't wearing a hat.:(

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Originally posted by Bywaterrailroad
All the foliage in the patio is now black/brown burned by below freezing temps for over 6 hours....thats a lot of cold for us......trying to keep warm in dixie
nick

Foliage? Black/brown? Burned? Results are the same. Cause is a little different, though. It's cooled off a little today, but 40C + is expected again on Wednesday. Water the garden you might say? Not allowed too. Water restrictions during the drought. 800 families have no garden to water (or house, for that matter) so far this week. :(

Cold weather for Woodie

I see your situation on CNN. You wouldn't want our cold weather. We also having wind gust up to 40 mph. Where's this Greenhouse Effect They are always talking about?

My parents went to Florida last week to escape Tennessee's cold weather. No luck. They were going to visit Mickey Mouse at Disney World. It was only 20 degrees. So they came home early!

Andy

SLOW

Nov 18, 2002
buffalo ny
Visit site
andy! IT WAS COOLD HERE TOO!!! I went threw a corad of fire wood , in one week!!:( its COLED!!, TOO COLED!!I I can see my breath as I brrrri :( thursday or friday ill runn the 280!. I had to leve to stoak the fire, and then I have go outside to get a nother log! BUMMER:( When will it END!!!!!!

charleswebb

May 31, 2002
Central Florida
Visit site
I just don't see the point to this discussion:D:D:D It,s 75 degrees here. I just went out and fed my dog in a t-shirt:D :D :D :D

Andy your parents should have stayed a little longer. Winter here only lasts a week or so:):)

Living in the south has some advantages:cool: :cool: :cool:

You guys up north hang in there they say spring is just around the corner;) ;) ;)

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hiiiihiiihhiihiiiii:
BRRRrrrrrrrr____rrrr!

Our ppipes ffroze l,l,l,l,laas---st week downn hhh--hhere in S,sss- South Carolina. F,f,f,f,four d-d-diff-fferent places! ShheeesSSHh! W-Wa-Wahat's up with the FF-FF-FFrickin' W-w-ww-ww-www-weather? I'm goin' b-b-back t-t-tt-to V,V,V, Vir-----ginia!

BBBRRRrrrrr,
T-T-T_t-ed (shiver!!>>??!?!?!>?)

AHHH......muggy as all "get out", temps are back into the 60's and the humidity is back in the 80% range. Air so heavy with dampness that ya need the wipers when you dirve (and its not raining), but its not cold any more.....give me this humid gary fair temps any day....don't know how you guys up north can deal with that much cold for that long a time.....more power to ya.....

Finally warm again in Dixie....
Nick