It's Monday, What did we get done?

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Here it is Monday already, did we get any modeling done?

Well I didn't get diddly done, still working on the car I started Friday night. Alot more to it than the instructions detailed, glad I looked it over before I cut all the parts off the sprues. This is a C&BT boxcar kit, holes had to be drilled out bigger, parts fit nice once you figure this out and how some of them attach, but it will be okay. Did strip two engines, too.:(

Wheels didn't turn on the layout.:(

Didn't find any bargains at yard sales or flea markets!:(

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Modeling took a backseat to birthday parties and Little League this weekend. I did, however, almost finish the Athearn B&O MOW caboose/crane tender I had been working on. I had to add some weight to it and paint the weights. I also had to attach the ladder. Next was weathering. The only thing left is to seal it with a coat of Dullcoat.

Since I did not make to LHS nothing more got done on the passenger station diorama.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I finally got my work flat done. Click for the pictures... :)

It was a work in progress for a long time, and then finally everything came together to give me the time for the final push! And on Fathers' Day too :D

Andrew

Everyone got to bed by 10 o'clock last night, which is rare, so I took advantage of the opportunity. I grabbed my trusty airbrush, my raw and burnt siennas and umbers, flat black and "Radome Tan" (a Model Master military color - excellent for weathering) and started the compressor. I weathered the pair of diesels shown on this page: http://www.geocities.com/norfolksouthernhinose/RCsCustomDiesels5.html Sometime tonight I'll hit them with dullcoat and they'll be finished.

Next up is an Intermountain cylindrical grain hopper. I've heard horror stories about these, but after a Mather stock car kit, I'm not afraid of anything...

CN1 said:
Nuthin'

Does mowing the lawn count?
Yes, it does! I had to mow mine and I got a string trimmer with an edger attachment for father's day, so I was busy for a few hours. Then it was time to hang the new blinds. I'm amazed I even had the energy to get any modeling done last night.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I didn't get much actual modeling done. Although I did get to a couple of hobby shops and went out to Skull Valley to see the old Depot.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 95

Benny

Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
Ray...you're from my home town...Small World!!!

Incredible what has happened to that region!

Anyhow...I got a lot of Tetris done...Nothing!!!

I need to get myself interested in doing stuff again...

RioGrande

Jun 10, 2004
Jon Grant said:
Spent the weekend tidying up the bookshelves - took all weekend.
Jon
I did some stuff like that too! Glad I'm not the only one guilty of not modeling! I boxed up my train magazines and did get some framing and styrofoam moved over here toward a small test layout. That and sold some more trains stuff I didn't need to raise more cash for new stuff.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Lets see, I spent friday night cursing the GM engineers for putting the heater core in my camaro in the hardest place to remove and replace (which I did) Saturday was car show day. Sunday I relaxed and finished my signal tower project, now I'm working on a small diaorama to go with it. It's amazing how nice the model is considering how old the design is.

F

Fred_M

What did I get done? I emptied the keg so I could get my deposit back. I ate lots of food. I tried putting a plastic model together but it seems I have lost the desire to do plastic. Fred

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Still mowing...that's why it's taken so long to follow-up. I did get all that track ballasted (about 20 ft), and most of the scenery done. I didn't feel like doing any car kits while it rained but I did make 24 trees. Still need about 1000. Took a few layout pictures with my daughter's digital camera that I will post as soon as I get more of them reduced from 640kb! I ran some trains as well. I work this Saturday so I won't get a lot of layout time.

Attachments

• may26 006-002.jpg
    may26 006-002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 62