It's Monday, what did we do on the weekend?

Glen Haasdyk

The weekend is over and let's see what everyone has managed to do.

I managed to do everything that I said I was going to do for a change! (hot weather made me want to stay in my cool basement)
I now have trains running (sorry, no pictures) I soldered new leads onto the track and added some jumper wires under the layout, as well as fine-tuning the track in places where cars were being fussy (derailing) I also weather the logging cars and sprinkled sawdust and some brown ground foam over them, fixing it in place with dulcote, to represent wood and bark shavings.
Finally I painted up about 20 figures and placed them on the layout.

NYC-BKO

I see Glen beat me to the punch.

I finished decaling the F7 but the power desk called for it before anything was done to the trucks. Now I got an A-B-B-A matched set of lightning stripes, I think it was more astetics than the need for more power. Dang power desk. Will do the trucks later!
Still working on the flea market flat car, took longer to paint the simulated wood floor than I thought, but thanks to tips and pointers from the forum I think it turned out OK. Am in the process of decaling right now, in between doing other things, I have to mix and match from other sets as I know of no NYC flat car decals, this car didn't match any NYC drawings so I adlibbed lettering and the car number ( modelers license ). MDC trucks put it at the right height for the couplers to be body mounted.

I did run trains!! - -:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! -:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I got nothing done modelwise. I did, however, ride some 1:1 trains. We rode the Silver Meteor from Orlando to Philadelphia. We were four hours late getting into 30th Street thanks to a CSX freight train with bad brakes. We sat somewhere between Kingstree and Florence, South Carolina for 3 hours on Saturday/Sunday night. Then once we got going again the crew was outlawed and we had to wait for a new crew. Now I need a few days to get back into the modeling frame of mind.

VARR

Two Projects Finished this weekend, both repainted Atlas 50ft Smoothside Precision Deisgn Boxcars in N-Scale:

aia.sized.jpg

ail.sized.jpg

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge VARR, :thumb: I just dressed up some junkbox finds, replacing broken steps, new JayBee wheels, Kadees and weathering. An interesting conversion was the three dome tanker. By its design, I had to use the original Tyco Talgo trucks. Who'd of thunk it that Kadee would have a conversion kit for those, a distant pipe dream for a 14 year old modeler in 1974.

Attachments

• freight.jpg
    freight.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 92

Ray Marinaccio

I made some progress with the Gp60, Got the stantion holes drilled in the U33B shell, attended a club meeting,drew up a rough draft for questioniares to be distributed to members and potential members, Then entertained guest on sunday.

Attachments

• Jul17001.JPG
    Jul17001.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 90

fifer

Well I managed to get my Lenz Set-100 hooked to the layout and mounted in the facia as well as the three lenz socket panels. I removed all the locos and cars and consolidated all my scenery materials and cleaned up under the layout to do some wiring. I next need to put in a master switch to turn on and off the DC and DCC.
The 2 SD24s run very nicely on DCC.
Next , paint and ballast track.
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Mike