It's Monday, weekend modeling work!

NYC-BKO

The weekend is over, what did we get done in the world of modeling???

The only thing I did was to get the High & Wide load finished and it is big. It measures 20' tall on an Athearn Heavyduty flat. The width isn't too bad but I am going to look for a depressed center flat to put it on, I have the Walthers but it doesn't fit my era, Bachmann and ModelPower make one similar to NYC's. I don't think NYC had that kind of clearance in the 60's.:eek:

I did run trains when the heat was up. -:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! -:D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
thought I was going to have a good modeling Sunday. But Alas that did not happen. I spent the day in the basement cleaning up from all the water that got in from this morning's rain. We here in Upper Darby got hammered with 4 to 5 inches in an hour. This is the first time I have had enough water in the basement to be problem since Floyd in '99. I lost some empty boxes and some scrape foam. I learned a long time ago to keep stuff off the floor. Maybe next time I will get to spend time in the basement modeling.

Glen Haasdyk

On Saturday my wife and I went to Penticon for the day (an hour's drive away) we toured an old stern-wheeler that the local model railroad club has their layout and played a game of mini golf at a train themed course. Yesterday I did nothing but today I'm weathering up another MDC climax using a mix of dry-brushing and washes. My wife was just play with the model railroad. I gave her an MDC climax to run since it's nice and slow and that greatly diminishes the chances of her running the thing off the layout and onto the floor!

shaygetz

Got the RV project done. BTW, Pine-Sol works really well in removing the chrome finish off of model parts. Water tower is still waiting to be done and I'll be at the club running trains tomorrow.

jetrock

Did quite a bit of work on my museum display--planted a couple dozen trees and applied some ground foam, completed the turntable pit, laid track and ballasted, did some detail work on the roundhouse, and painted & weathered some trackside junk and a Tichy loading crane to add some atmosphere.

Now all I have left to do is to install the roundhouse and secure & ballast the roundhouse tracks, install a lighting kit, apply a scenic backdrop and front fascia boards, place and secure miniatures and junk, add a bit more ground cover, and clean up any bits of loose plaster or other stuff that has settled on the diorama...by next Tuesday! Which would be easy if I wasn't going to be out of town this weekend...

oh yeah, and take a whole hatful of photos of the thing, so everyone can see what I have been going on about for months...