It's MONDAY, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
The weekends over, did we get anything done in our modeling world?

I didn't get to the track work because I got off work too late to get the switches. I didn't build anymore cars either, changed my mind and will wait till I do the track work. I did tune up existing cars, found some with 10 year old+ IM plastic couplers that are losing their spring, thought it was a deal back then. Live and learn, oh the fun of carefully removing a glued on coupler cover!!!:curse:

Did run trains and did some switching in the yard.:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!:D

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well i have been busy detailing some parts on three of my grain cars that i have. The one is almost complete, just have to paint the stencil that i have drawn on it and it will be coming off the line shortly. Also got the roof of my freight stationed painted a dark red. I have yet to weather the roof of the freight station. My plans for this week are to be finishing up the grain cars and start to weather them and the freight station.

Have a Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a busy weekend with football games on both Saturday and Sunday. My son’s team (Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA) went down to defeat to Collingdale Bulldogs 12-0. My daughter cheered at two games over the weekend plus had tumbling practice. We were able to get a few chores done around the house. We are hoping to finish winterizing the pool tonight. We got a late start because of the rain on Saturday.

As a result of the business of the weekend my modeling time was limited. I did finish the MOW gondola but that was about it. I also researched some about LNE 0-8-0 switcher and found out that did have one numbered 135. The IHC 0-8-0 Switcher is not an exact match but it will serve my purposes. I also tided up around the workbench and put away a few cars that were sitting out.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I hauled some garbage to the landfill and hauled some firewood for my in-laws. Modeling-wise I added some new braces to the layout legs to cure the wobbly leg syndrome. I tore apart and started to reassemble me MDC HOn3 2-8-0 to add the NWSL re-gear kit and try to cure a binding problem. and I did some more work on my steam donkey engine that I'm scratch building.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got the scenery on the N scale touched up and the base colors down.
I also began to sift some different colors of dirt (sand), to use as ballast and ground cover.

Charles Mark

Dec 5, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
I looked in on my train room this weekend. It's still there waiting for me. I keep promishing myself to get back working on it. This fall and winter I will have lots of time to enjoy my N in progress.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Got some roadbed down and am continuing to work on my article file system.
I have many old magazines that are not of collector value(been read too many times and are falling apart)
I am gaining some space and organizing them into file boxes with hanging folders and manilla folders.
Example,
Structure Plans-Residential
Structure plans-Commercial
Structure Plans-Industrial
Structure Plans-RR Related
Structure Plans-Misc
These all have hanging folders and each has a breakdown inside them as follows
Structure Plans Industrial has a folder for- Steel And Iron, Paper, Chemicals, Lumber ,Mining,Agriculture,Manufacturing.Misc

Each may eventually end up with its own hanging folder as they fill up.
I am Keeping all mags intact for the last 10 years,but think of it.
Want a project and you know what kind.Grab the folder, flip through the options in the plans folder and pick your poison.

Need a special turnout control solution? Go to turnout control folder, flip through available options and pick the one that will suit the situation.

Its time consuming now but will eventually be a great assett.
It takes me about 3 hours to go through,clip and file 1 years worth of MR or MRC.
I have about 400 mags or so to go :)

C

Catt

Got a little bit done.Here's one of my ConCor autoracks with JnJ etched stainless steel side panels.This car if bought new would cost over $40.00 to duplicate.The MT rack is about $33.00 MSRP.Definately got to do something about those stirrups.

gtrack5.jpg

This is a string of GVR shops built coalgons.These are modified AHM/ConCor PS2 4 bay covered hoppers.When I started this project I could buy these cars for as little as $3.00 each.

gvrcoal3.jpg

I also got the track ripped up on my TTRAK Quad module and got the siding layed and a rough plan for the building I'll be scratching to go with the siding.I hope to get a start on the building tonight.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I installed ground throws on my Haggin Yard module and set down a little tall grass. The ground throws are already proving their worth--even with Peco snap-switches, I was experiencing some trouble maintaining electrical connectivity, but the ground throws provide just a little bit more friction!

I also started assembly on an almond processing plant for the next module--ordinarily I'd wait until the module is built before building buildings, but track clearances are tight and I wanted to make sure how big the building would be before I laid down track..and besides, I like building buildings!