It's MONDAY, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

The weekend is over, what were we able to get done in our modeling world?

I managed to work on a few cars, some tuning up as we say. I did take a closer look at those old Pemco 60' box cars I found last weekend, these were from the early 80's, they were a short lived upshoot company in Hong Kong. Although the cars are correct and the graphics are excellent, I found some serious flaws in their data. One mechanical reefer done up in a NYC/MDT white scheme has a builders date of 1917 and an inside length of 33', D&RGW one has an inside length of 50', whoops, so they will need repainted. I know the NYC had one of these cars, double plug door but I need to find out who had the Mech. reefer. They will be nice additions to the fleet.

Trains were run, I did alot of running, changed out some engine consists, ran trains, changed some train consists, ran trains!-:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave:

I was able to get the rest of the painting done on the mountain and I finished the putting the track down for the second main line.
IM001395.jpg

I also got the plywood base for the city cut and fitted in
IM001405.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I had a very busy and hectic weekend which meant I did not have much time for the forum. My daughter had a game to be a cheerleader at on Saturday. Then we had grocery shopping to do. On Sunday the my son’s football team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA had their winning streak abruptly ended by the Marple Tigers 26-7. Then we had more shopping, which did include a trip to the Mitchell’s Hobbies. Since we had to go to Delaware for other reasons yesterday we decided to stop at Mitchell’s because beside trains they also sell scouting items and my son needed to get his supplies for Tiger Scouts.

Somehow I did get some modeling done. I finished painting wheels for the MOW cars. I also added a few more detail parts to the Water Tower Diorama and the Pink Boutique. I also continued painting more detail parts.

DanRaitz

In between househould chores, I got the hood ends painted white on the GATX SD38-2. Now its just a matter of waiting for the paint to cure before masking for the brown.

Dan

Glen Haasdyk

Well My Father-in-law came through his surgery okay. He's in Vancouver General's ICU recouvering right now. My wife and my mother-in-law will be visiting him tomorrow.
My Model club went to Salmon Arm to visit their club's layout on Saturday. If anyone has the opportunity to do so make the trip to see it. It's not very big but the detail is fantastic! We also stopped at a few hobby shops on the way and I picked up a few detail parts and a NWSL re-gear kit for MDC's HOn3 engines.
On sunday I worked a little on my piledriver project

Absolutely NOTHING! Went to the in-laws so they could see the baby, and we could get a break. I wanted to paint my benchwork, but time just did not permit. Oh BTW, I'm new to this forum, :wave: so please be gentle!! :thumb:

r/
-doc

Pooh Bah
Modelling hiatus

A very tiny amount. I'm still recovering from having my retina welded in place and I have a gas bubble in my eye that's dissipating (has been for 6 weeks) so I don't relly trust my modelling.
We had a couple over from England. He's changed from modelling British to American and European, and every time they come he brings a bit of English stock for me. This time it was 4 tank wagons and a tank engine (GWR prairie), which I took apart enough to oil and lube. Runs pretty well for an old Lima.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I got some of my freight equipment stenciled and ready to be painted. I also got up in the attic and cleaned it up some and took my measurements. Only to find out i have more room than i thought.LOL :D I am going to get some more of my freight cars stenciled this week. Now all's i got to do is figure out how i want to build my layout. Have a Safe Week and Happy Railroading Everyone :wave: :wave:

Welcome To The Gauge docsnavely :wave:

ddavidv

I bought a structure kit for my Ntrak module and spent several hours staring at the space it will go in to set my final siding. :rolleyes: I'm a perfectionist in so few things in life, yet am totally anal about this module...go figure.

I need to run some trains soon or I'll go nuts! :eek:

C

Catt

Got 4 more of these started on the way to decaldom. :D

gvrcoal.jpg

Only 45 more of these to create and paint and decal. :eek:

Also got some more work done on the TTRAK modules.

Had to work the weekend thus got no rr time in, off for four days and one day is mine for the rr so hope to have a few things accomplished before the weekend..Glen, glad to hear the surgery went fine with the father in law..Ron..

jetrock

I spent the past weekend running a 30-band experimental music festival, so the only thing I got done was cleaning the wheels on a couple of engines.

Sir_Prize

Hmmm... Welll at least I'm not the only one just gett'n here.

I spent the weekend dealing with Jeanne and frett'n over how to do the gravel area on my
John Deere Tractor Sales and Repair Shop Diorama. I'll try a picture tonight.