It's MONDAY, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
It's here already, so what did we get done this weekend in the world of modeling?

We'll give the NorthAmericans another day to work since this is a holiday, but everyone else, well?

For me: Not A Thing. -:cry:- Too much happened to get to modeling.

I did manage to run trains alittle to keep the spiders from taking over! -:thumb:

To the NA's have a great Holiday-:)- to the rest have a great back to work day-:(--:wave:

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
It's done!! (sorta)

I got the N-scale layout together, ran some cars, and everything works. now I just need to glue it down.

PIcs were taken and should be posted on the N scale forum this afternoon

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
I got a GP-30 and SD-35 repainted in my own roadnames, and cleaned up the layout room so I can move around in it. I'll post some photos later today. Hope everyone who has the day off enjoy it.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
The paints that I was waiting on did not come in yet. I took more pictures of the trains running for the scrap book. The scrap book is now up to 234 pictures for Alexander's Line. I did get the last of the problem spots smoothed out, now the steam engines run without derailling. My sons' Deisels run over anything they never had a problem running.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
I have had two bowser`s Traction models (white metal) looking at me from the shelf for oooooooo a long time :p
One a dummy the other with a bleep bleep *&^%&%*&)* motor that I do not like :rolleyes: Also with the motorised one , I had to repair the frame.

SOOOOO.
Out comes my brass / sw7 motor and frame and the old dremal :D
One frame fitted and the other one is going under the knife on Wednesday.

Its good to get back to scratch building :thumb:

F

Fred_M

I tried some extreme weathering to this poor old gon. Still got one more day of freedom. Fred

aby.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
No modeling this weekend. Been busy with the "last weekend of summer". We went to Knoebels Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA. It was a great day and we all had fun. I like Knoebels because it free to get in. You buy tickets for the rides so if you are not riding you don’t have to pay. The bad thing is it takes three hours to get there. We left here at 10:00 AM and got home after 11:00 PM. Yesterday we spent the day at the Reading Outlets.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I built trees (finally) Unfortunetly my pine trees turned into a rather labor-intensive afair and it took me 2 hours to make ten trees. Now I'm on my way to make some more. I also managed to make a small craftsman-kit out house and rowboat for my model club.
I've still got today off so my wife and I are going to summerland to ride on the Kettle valley steam train. It's the last of CPR's kettle valley line through southern BC. It only runs about 15 miles but it is pulled by a class 'b' shay and I haven't seen one of those run in awhile

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I managed to build some cardboard boxes for my new locos and started modifying an old butchered Rivarossi pilot to use on the old Athearn 4-6-2 till I can locate an original.

Attachments

• Sep05009.JPG
    Sep05009.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi Guys , This is what I did this weekend. It doesn't look like much but all the real work is under the table.

zyardpanel.jpg

The left rotary switch is pretty self explanitory , it chooses to power the turntable track individualy , so I can park nondecoder locos there.
The DPDT switch below that selects DCC, off, Program track ( for program track only). The large DPDT switch is to select DC , off , or DCC to all of yard area.
The lefthand rotary knob regulates the turntable speed and the DPDT switch below that selects forward , off , and reverse for the table.
I tested it and it all works :) :) :) :) :wave:

Mike

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
My weekend accomplishments were more prosaic but definitely needed doing--I installed some brackets for the shelving that will support my shelf layout, and built benchwork to expand my layout by slightly more than double--instead of 8 square feet, now I will have 20 square feet of layout on 12 linear feet of shelf!

Unfortunately I ran out of 1x2 lumber and Home Depot didn't have any more in stock, so the shelving remains incomplete until next weekend. But the benchwork section is in place, waiting to have track laid...

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Well, My fish tank project is starting to look like something. I made the tree, and I'm happy with that. The ground foam isn't as fine as I thought it would be, so my moss looks a little clumpy. Maybe my paint is a little dark too.

But!

I had just stopped to take a drink when the old Alco came out of the tunnel, and I got me a pic.

TrainClown :thumb:

Attachments

• fish tank project.jpg
    fish tank project.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 37

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Great looking' stuff guys! Boy am I bummed! :curse: Three days and no time spend modeling. I spent all of it hauling and placing 1400 lbs. of rock and 1600 lbs. of concrete (mixed by hand in a wheelbarrow) for a koi pond. When I was done each night I was so tired I could barely move. Maybe next weekend....
Doc